• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to block tracking cookies?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pale Moon was the FF variant I was using before Opera. It was a fast browser, for sure. The Mozilla updates dropped support for my mail client and I got tired of the RAM problem so I moved on.

I tried the Opera VPN, half the websites i go to either load slowly or don't load at all, some sort of connection error. I'll stick with the addons for now, was surprised to see how fast and decently the inbuilt adblocker was :thup:

Like you, I was sick of all the tracking. It wasn't just the browsers but I had suspicion that my ISP was constantly tracking and sharing with advertisers. I am pretty sure that they aren't supposed to do this but there is hardly any other explanation when I get them on my ISP home page. I never ran across Tunnel Bear but I did try a free service that I found difficult to use and configure. I ended up installing IPVanish. It is not a free service but the cost is minimal. Seems like it was 5.49 a month, well it said more , like 6.50 a month but after setting on the page for a while it popped up a discount and I went ahead with a year subscription. I couldn't be happier with it. It actually is faster then my capped service of 75 mbs, I guess because it hides my IP. It also has quite a few servers around the US and other countries and while it changes the servers on the fly the visible IP address does not change. It will have a few issues because of the appearance of being in another physical location. Just to show how much tracking there is, I was locked out of facebook and a few other sites that matched my location with my logon and assumed I was being hacked. I don't think that there is a data cap and it has some other programs that can be used on cell phones, firesticks and your router. I chose not to install it on the router so I could have control over it and shut it down when I needed to. Overall I am very happy to have found what I needed, hope Tunnel Bear works out for you.

Is there a way to block tracking coo

Options / playlist / appearance / format settings.
You can use macro "PlayCount" for first or second line

Back