• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a way to clean up Blue Screen on Hard Drive's ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LongBike

Registered
Aloha ,

I have a bunch of ......... Seagate SATA Barracuda 500 GB HD's.
S/N: W2ABSC1L / SATA ST500DM002 / P/N: 18D142-302 / Firmware : KC-45 / Date Code :12512 / Site Code : SU

NOW : The question is this ..... .
They were going great then one by one they went to .... Blue Screen after about .... 6 Months ... time. :shock:
Is there a way to save them and stiil get rid of that ..... Blue Screen ?? :(
Here in Hawaii at ..... Best Buy ... they are costly too. They are ranging around say..... $80.00 to $100.00 Dollars
for just one .... 500 GB HD.
If there is a way :confused: and someone knows about it your help is very much appreciated on this issue.
Aloha from Hawaii LongBike

I'm confused.
Blue screens are due to bad overclocks, bad software bad hardware...

The only thing "saved" to the hard drive would be a .dmp file containing the details of the Blue screen itself.
If you want to delete those, then it should be in the C:\Windows folder. Just delete the .dmp files.

Also maybe check the SMART status of the drives.

But if you could post what your current system specs are, including overclocks and voltages,
it would help others determine what exactly is causing the BSOD's, and how to fix them.

Aloha ,
OK , I am working on this issue and will try to find out just what is going on. I have the PC
going but it was through using the ... ( F8 ) then it opened and then I was checking it out.
It also opens in .....( Network use also and in .... Safe Mode also).
I found that ...( C:\Windows Files ) and .....DELETE'D that ... ( .dmp File ) , and still nothing changed.
I am running the ... Diagnostic's till it runs out, then I will see what else to be done and try to find
the solution to this problem. ( I'll keep in touch with this and post the results as I go one. )
Thanks for the replies back and it is very much appreciated also.
Aloha from Hawaii Longbike

I believe you may have misunderstood. The .dmp dump is not the cause of the problem. However, it may contain info as to why you're crashing.

Aloha ,
OK I was looking into it and decided to not do anything till I got more advice about this.
The HD is new and has the installed Windows software already on it as I can see it in Safe Mode
also. but It wont post after the Windows procedure to run it.
I have had some (HD's)do this and if they could be found about just why they do it they probably
could be saved I would think. If I put a ( Brand New HD ) in and program everything works. ;)
Could you advise more to this and a few points if any.
Aloha from Hawaii Longbike
just fine again.

Aloha DNRDustin,
Aloha Sir well I ran the diagnostics all night just to see what was going on. It had.....
on the bottom of the page.............. ( F1 left side.....Esc right side ). Well I hit that sucker
and had the disc inside already... and it took off and booted the HD and I got my Windows Installed
now. :clap: :thup: The Diagnostic's might have found something in there and corrected it. So it is up and
running and taking in ......UP-DATE'S :thup: right now and looks like it will be just fine.
Man at least it works again ... :rofl: :clap:
Again thanks for all the help on this issue and it was very much appreciated too.
Got to love all of you guy on here for your extended help and especially all the .....
ADVICE GIVEN . :thup: :clap:
Now to the other ... PC The Alienware old DeskTop witht that extra .... ASUS M2N32-SLI
for a spare.
Aloha everyone and God Bless all of you .........LongBike in Hawaii

Back