• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there anything higher than a 226w pelt? Where i get em?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
uhh---if u want the best temps...best overclocks...even for a video card...as i've been telling you....phase-change... yes, people do use them on video cards, and yes, they do get insanely high overclocks (with vMods, of course as well)

matttheniceguy said:
Agreed that Japans electronics are way ahead of ours.

Intel, IBM, and AMD are the biggest players in electronics developement. not sure why so many people believe japan is more advanced than US...

60% of the population in japan uses the internet (2003 figures) vs 75% in Unites States.

Damn what kind of water cooling system do you need for something like that??? 274 watt ones I mean. If it puts that much heat into the water system how would you cool it? Damn I need to do some research on these now. lol

JT

When I say that Japans enectronics are ahead of ours, I guess I am talking more about their mainstream consumer electronics, such as digital cameras and cell phones and mp3 players. Their electronics tend to have more features and gadgets than ours, because they are willing to pay for them. For example, most cell phone in Japan have cameras build into them, while these phones are just catching on now in northamerica.

Thermal Enterprises Model CP1-12730
62mm / 270-350 Watt

This auction is for one brand new factory fresh high performance TEC cooler model CP1-12730 from Thermal Enterprises.

This is the amazing semiconductor cooler the gets ice cold in minutes or heats to boiling by simply reversing the polarity. It will even generate electricity if you apply heat to one side while keeping the other side cold.

This device is exactly like the ones we sell to NASA Johnson Space Center.

Model CP1-12730
62mm x 62mm x 3.8mm
270 - 350 Watts of cooling power
Operates from 0-15.4 volts DC and 0-30 amps
Operates from -60 deg C to +175 deg C
Each device is fully inspected and tested
Fitted with 6-inch insulated leads
Perimeter sealed for moisture protection

I don't know actually...I am considering buying it. Could somebody explain what the 350 watt means in this context?

[edit]
15.4 * 30 ~= 450 watt right??

I have bought a couple 110 watt pelts from thermal enterprises from e-bay. The shipping was fast and the pelts were good. I don't know much about that huge pelt, but I'm sure they would tell you more about it if you asked them. When I ordered my pelt they sent me a spreadsheet with some of their popular pelts and all their specks. I would post some of them, but the comp the sheet is on has a dead water pump :cry:

62mm isn't actually all that big. Less than 2.5 inches. The person holding it has really small hands. They also have a 320 Watt one that is only 50 mm.

Man do I ever want one of those. I have an old transformer in the basment from a 1500W amplifier... think it's time to go see if I can get ~12 volts out of it and build me one GIANT powersupply.

Yeah, i would like to buy one of those tec's too...but don't have a clue how to power it... those power supplies are expensive as hell here... :(

they are expensive as hell everywhere. Pelts arn't to picky aboud their power though. It can have quite a bit of ripple and fluckuation (SP?)

You can build your own power supply from a tranformer (to get to the right voltage) a rectifier (to turn AC into DC) and some capacitors (to lessen the ripple) They are bigger and much heavier than one you would buy, and less efficent, but they cost very little bo make.

Back