• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lonely Raven

If you traded with me please leave me Heatware Sen
[22:43:05] Protein: p542_BBA5_N in water

[04:08:24] Completed 245000 out of 500000 steps (49)
[04:15:11] Writing local files
[04:15:11] Completed 250000 out of 500000 steps (50)
[04:22:00] Writing local files
[04:22:00] Completed 255000 out of 500000 steps (51)
[04:29:00] Writing local files
[04:29:00] Completed 260000 out of 500000 steps (52)
[04:35:52] Writing local files
[04:35:52] Completed 265000 out of 500000 steps (53)
[04:42:41] Writing local files
[04:42:41] Completed 270000 out of 500000 steps (54)
[04:49:33] Writing local files
[04:49:33] Completed 275000 out of 500000 steps (55)
@:qû>àùÏ@ƒR&@`Ø>å!‚@�M�@elR>±¾S@„#7@`åõ>Ðî@Ž¹µ?,!? ‡@�PY?
xù>À�y@‘A‚?E·=Ð__@U¦X?éÂØ>=ü†@S{þ?å«q=õ›@[‚™?삉@Qã¥?à ?ù²¸@QâV?ÕÉ?ôŠÇ@Le÷?á ‡?ÿ
²?Q@p@™ù>üÑœ@uÊä@Ï?Â’@pÃ@Ææ?uÊ?@j¤H>ÖˆC?yjÅ@p±þ>Ô�a?riÄ@itË?œ@=&!>Mh@K¨f@@¶%>2»@Læä@;©>nñW@Eù@Ÿ6?_}‰<âB~@¡T.?›/¼ã&®@_q?«C±=UGÉ?�Œ®?‰Eõ?Í’?�‚Â?†ãu?Á(C?„Âÿ?�f¬?ÐQc@9‘@�}Q@>ax@<5p@€È0@9 µ@6Ž@ƒð}@="1?td�>ÜPÑ@iié?`ôù>¾•j@i(?k]?|@hI
@
?A@�”û?”˜ã@ÂÃ@ŽÏ”?–ô&@ WS@‹Øæ?Š©Ë@+Iª?àïµ>æMf@'2ã?ä�>Ä
@)S?Öç>öÆ:??Wæ@}Â@5Ì`?Pýæ@€‘_@4±@?;þ@}ƒv@;Ï™@|sW@‡Ç @ Ä@� ^@ˆÐ¾@
5³@xå@ŠD½@ C?€@×u>,|*?ƒZ@ Ÿ³=Õ@Œ?�÷-@2Ü=ÿ/?Ï–I?ž~æ@
Aà?Ì$g?ŸŒË@Ñ?Ú
n?¤ÓÖ@ ç—@�1c@U:?æd@�ší?þ“"?ß®Ì@‹ŽN@‡w?ÝáÏ@2
@‡ú±@rãa@7æ,@ˆ O@t”@/ê@‰7-@wž±@�bÛ@To@a{à@‘ïW@S…B@\G2@Žî×@YÂ
@`_É@8çŸ@–¼?\ù¥@4âš@™ .?\*¶@=_:mad:—½�?k¯_?ˆò,@–œ,?Üú?�Uâ@”ãÐ?ÕT„?Œµ @˜Î ?ÔZb@ˆÕ¥>³4R@:"@Š±³>ÎP1@»y@ˆ€$>‰F‡@ h@)zó?Ù©˜@�׌@+¦º?Î@Q@�–%@%�;?ÚÑ0@Z?i¿@‡¹'>‰¥N?zÃç@‰'£>¤sê?U@@‡ðZ>¤H„@>ö—?ˆíÔ?_²á@<G ?’Çí?²ž;@:—
?ƒÂP?¦Ùÿ@/µÂ?#8Â@7]"@,ð/?3@9÷o@+'Œ?2ÃG@6I@DÙ7@^xA@«ú@?´�@_ƒŒ@!Õ
@G´p@cãH@�‡?ÇüÃ>-§@èò?Ñ�ò=ã˜@ 0Â?¿ÐÅ>.XE@ 3@n1þ?²?^Ñ}@s²e?´Ü?TÄ @mú~?¹ÅÀ?qÛ@
úÎ@‰¾¬@F¯¶@öu@‡t¨@C!µ@ âæ@‹Ø¯@BÀ‚@€ùÚ>¾Mü@dž�@¥Ó>ä•@@a�Ó@}%>_ã¿@e‘?w~@x @’Œq?}R @¿@�É?…öV@+Ì@“kC?³û\@–:ë@�r_?¬Š<@˜m @�f;?¬þJ@”–Ï@’ZÐ@j�º?ûzØ@;‹@fæ@7Û@>|Þ@jH±@ -0@5x-@-™m@8:»@vv€@)pw@3îË@wÊJ@06H@6I`@qF?è¯?q““@R¾Q?óy€?qºÛ@Pxº?è= ?�TS@W"Œ@‡±@r`@ ²@…mE@&b@s¨@‰å @™û@ žÈ@•@a–œ@Ž J@cX@bXœ@‹jB@»M@]6@�t¯=€dz>¦r‚?€l>
‘8>¶[?s”=Ö˜ >Ž»a?‰±??'³?—
ð@+¼±??’ª?˜t¿@*Õ�?%X3?”ï@1¿@|Û@¿º?$¶˜@xš@³ª?+´@hô@¦5?9¦!@‘U@‰T>W÷{@”"7@ŠB×>]€@�ñf@‡©N>—cÁ@�¸@+c�?ÿZp@»Í@/ï‚@Y#@ð„@'¥ç?úó½@“@}
W@_½Ö@à@w„®@¢
”?øS4@}¾@_A@7Iº?†]è@uáÒ@6Ó?’‰Æ@vhÍ@3ó†?ƒŸÇ@pîS@{?@-Kw?ÚŽ¹@zy@'4†?Û5#@~Ÿ¡@.À®?ä_>n�N?…ôX@û“>‘ð(?w«×@äU>‰åÉ?Ž%—@æ@”&µ=Soê@BF€@–sà=äÓ¤@A¤@‘ŸP=ÖO@Až7?4Ëš?Ä<@‘}Ê?+°–?ÍÊá@�E_?(›¶?Â(~@” }@x²›@BŸ@!™@|wü@|9g@`¤@y‹7@‚”‚@·J@(Åw@�oî?¬|Ë@%¾<@Ÿ‚Õ?³*Ö@%Gb@šì�?_@mÉ?˜ðQ=À[y@r¨Ú?” =ÚÝå@i�B?“N>$+5@J‡Ù@‰öÝ@—ŠÓ@D½i@ŠÐ@—K@J N@‡T.@™›?¾ª˜?"Œ->iði?»ù?#1Û> ::?Ê̬?%ÕÒ>f^j?žf@oX¤>ÛP_?¤õŠ@k
5>ðyO?”®Y@l<å>Ç�¬@—¥@•“Æ=¤@
&ÿ@”ñá=&ñk@ß÷@“ÅÀ>!ˆ@Ÿ¹¸@•Ÿ@(B&@¡µÖ@–Q@,ÃØ@Ÿíº@’xN@'oæ?ªâ? ÚÎ@¡[§?³!?.îú@_2j?_µ_?0+Ö@¡ÈŒ@“™K?;2
@x]m@“‡í?OEÎ@{ßÝ@•c3?+…L@{mA@ -;>²]a@Á@
tt>Æe@"3Ø@
·>Ìí@‹@©è@wPÙ@“}?@ˆF@{X%@‘9@v7@zÄø@•ò[@Vôg@.áP@›¿@WÕ(@)YË@™Òq@RƒÅ@.Á@�!¡?¿ð@Œ@E@)NÍ?{@� …@#fÙ?
sÆ@‰ß;@)Ò!?ÿîq@e@5õÉ@âç@¬@7΀@3@ Ô3@2
@w@‘Æ@œÉe@VÈ@�³s@ž†T@q™@“‰d@žÈæ@›Ó�¼H#õ>¶×@œ¾Ô=˜@Z=ýâw@™úz;¯˜L>hÈc>�X¸@g2Ý@ù>—¦‚@dãÈ@$�ª>³NI@kq”@_‰@>òà@¡-l?”ð@>Eˆ@žF¬?ô_@9„m@¢{-?*?Pj@�@<ËÄ?^i;@ÿM@8Îý?`Cv@`+@@Ú±?† ˜@Ž_‰@q–â?ŒÓ#@‹ã@p‚ ?vFê@�C°@sZ@HÝ@bm@ƒÖE@Lå@]ÕÝ@ƒE@K£°@féo@„ôW@‚ æ@n”Ì=òeÍ@€ @sCì>üÏ@„ @p›�=[¬7@\’º@Föÿ?¥ @VtŒ@G>³?¥Uù@^”@B’;?_ó@Ž©4¼Ï= ?>MÇ@Žz®<Œ› ?T7…@Œƒß<“Þ ?0ÊB?tax@›ÍÔ@(Á?€)<@�Š @•?e%m@�¾M@ûß@ƒ˜_>ˉ�?Ëš@ƒœ?>òBƒ?Ò™@†Žh>—4?ÈÞç@–>Þ@@Æ@&€@˜&�@<$¥@']È@–=!@A# @þÿ@iØ‹@3E?âü0@i¸@6Ï^?Ùh¹@oR@0yF?á#Ö@8ãk@™ëÏ?½æ¦@3}%@šƒå?¸Ÿ´@=9@›'=?¶S">Œe§?œŠW@}b>?v:?—¾‘@}ä‡>£ (?”¿_@yTK@
:Ò@ˆëÜ?Õ@ Ÿ�@†èŠ?_@¦V@‰ú>ûžš@A@@€.œ@Z~=@�
`@{#@[ï®@z@~žº@W
=>Ï’
?ˆf@…ÇÊ>ʳ-?�°:mad:ˆ93>Ë�ë?�ñ@ƒa3@�¡u?~ˆ@i–€@�¹€?jõ"@mi@€>¹?‡ãÊ@lËã?ÓËQ?p&H=ýò7?Ú^‹?d´s>CÚõ?Ë£ã?}s°>1.D@>/ž?òÐ+@†B–@9äl?û[1@†¸V@>&_?ðñT@ƒ;©?B‰I?á¼O@�p‰?Wà½?ߦ@žÊ_?FN-?ì˜Z@œ@Ž…@c73@¡ÌR@Œ²=@aËÅ@Ÿq@�Õß@_9�@¡›@„ö@ ª0>�EÎ@‚ƒ@
@�>«¯”@‚ª@ï8>V……?Êe9@6?¹>¥õ`?È@3å>Ρ´?ÀÄ@5)~>ˆî§@g—v??ž„@Q§ô@g¦?W®&@RÐ~@fõ‚?5%ë@W(Œ@dh?`Ô²=Ì%?üÐ7?N/X>˜?ÿid?_ù
;üõ°?fW@ŽãI@ÙÁ?vb@Œ¸Ú@~³?P_@�t�@Ç1@�¶£@z£.@eñò@�É @x¸Ä@kÃ@‘9#@vP$@bÔ0@ž×†@Zø/>®Ò…@_´¾@_t>½×x@_¢l@WHæ>”+Û@ l³>ì·?–y¾@R“>ût+?�Å}@>À>÷œ²?¡P@3”I@‹Tw@’˜î@-ïæ@Œ`õ@’I@3lñ@Šy

(snip)

I was folding and checking E-mail and reading stuff on the web
board when it just locked up in mid thought.

This machine has been running Gromacs for 5 days solid now.
Odd that this would happen tonight...especially after having
been through an 80 degree HOT day....

Not sure what to make of it. Lost a whole unit.

Yeah, sorry for your loss.

Im wondering what were you doing when it happen? try to explain what was happening before that gibberish happen, so we can avoid it happening to us.

Just a few questions
Did your rig just crash?
Did you reboot?
What did the log show after you rebooted?

That is odd LR... people have been saying lately that they have FAH creating like 80GB log files... wonder if that is what was happening. Did you save a copy of that log file? If not you should as it will help stanford debug and see what the hell horked up with the program. I would back off the OC just a touch, download a new .exe file and start fresh.

It was a hard lock of my rig. No reboot.

I was just about to click on an E-Mail, or a thread here in the
forums, and LOCK! Frozen.

No CTL+ALT+DEL, I waited a minute, then just pulled the power.
I check temps and they were around 48c which is less then
they were during the 80F weather today...not sure what to make
of it...I guess I'll just hope it doesn't happen again...

Or maybe I'm burning up another nForce2 board (Sigh)
Maybe these things weren't made to take 200FSB yet.
I've had this one running 200FSB for 5 days, crunching WU
and doing my general work.

But, I mean, I've been hammering this thing.
5 web browsers open and hitting F5 trying to snipe something
off new egg referb, reading the web boards, Outlook AND
Outlook Express open, plus AIM and ICQ. Hours of this stuff
for the past few days...

But THAT didn't crash it...and it was 80F when I did that earlier.

No worries I guess. Maybe it was just a tuff gromac and my
highly overclocked XP choaked on it.

I'll post an update if it happens again, or I figure out why.

Last edited:
Update!

I just had another crash. Almost exactly like what happened last
night.

I had 4 IE Browsers open, Outlook Express, AIM, ICQ, and
EMIII...I went to click on a link at NewEgg (looking at SFF boxes)
and blammo! Ultralock.

My WU was at 95%, but lucky for me, it didn't get corrupted.
I'd sure hate to lose a 33 pointer because I was shopping!

Yeah, LR that is a sure sign that you OC is a bit too high. YOu need to back it off a bit, 1 or 2 Mhz in FSB and see. The thing is, with tinker cores, your machine would probably be fine but gromacs REALLY stress the system to the limit. Just yesterday I upped my OC a bit, and the WU kept restarting from the beginning after 5 or 6 frames, i backed down and all is well.

Back