• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this cooling setup ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SakuraIchigo

I was just wondering if this is an ok setup.
I was also thinking going push pull, but i am not sure yet lol
My build is not finished yet. Some parts were DoA. My boss let me barrow a cheap psu in till i get min back.

Attachments

• cCzLU.jpg
    cCzLU.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 79
Id say no. You only have 1 exhaust and are blowing in warmer air in the case through the radiator. Flip the radiator fans around up top to exhaust.

I cant do any overclocking yet, so really the temps are as warm as my room right now.
I was just wondering first.
TY

I would flip it around regardless. Currently you just have a every fan but one blowing IN the case so you are circulating slightly warmer air inside the case for no reason.

Either way. You have enough rad that any difference between push/pull wont make a difference.

just wondering, i have a few extra fans from the case itself. how much dose it matter for a push pull that all the fans have to be equal?
i have 7 extra fans lol 4x 140mm and 3x 120mm

Last edited:
I updated my cooling. Is this any better?

Attachments

• 2012-06-05 00-52-45.206.jpg
    2012-06-05 00-52-45.206.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 70
  • pccooling.png
    pccooling.png
    17 KB · Views: 75
on fans and pressure.

Fans don't blow at their CFM if there's a pressure difference.
if you have just 1 exhaust fan, for example, your air flowing in by the 6 fans, will be LARGELY restricted, as the force required to add air to the system is much more difficult. I have experienced this a few times, and the effect is surprisely strong.

in general, you want your chassis to be 'slightly' positive pressured. So you want 1 more fan IN than OUT. Negative pressure chassis is a terrible idea, for one, the rads won't get enough air to exhaust, reducing Rads effectiveness, it also cause dust to 'seep in' to the case. Positive pressure does the opposite. But don't get too positive either, cause then you are just wasting electricity by turning on fans by NOT creativing air flow.

I will use top rads as exhausts too.
Just besure you hae 1 more intake than exhaust. (or calculate the CFM (restriction adjusted), and be sure you have aournd 80+CFM more in than out.

so should i have the rear exhaust blowing in?
each one of those fans except the top 3 are about 70cfm each at 2.06 what ever the static pressure measured (cm cubed?) is.
I can not find what the rating on the top 3 are but they feel about the same as all the others.

looks better then before but you still have other fans blowing out like your psu and gpu's now you have more blowing out then sucking in=( not really sure what you could change at this point to fix that tho.i would just watch your temps for awhile and see how it runs.

looks better then before but you still have other fans blowing out like your psu and gpu's now you have more blowing out then sucking in=( not really sure what you could change at this point to fix that tho.i would just watch your temps for awhile and see how it runs.

the psu is borrowed from work in till i get mine in. it would most likely be pulling its own air from the bottom of the case.
i can always take out one of the hard drive cages and use the second intake on the bottom of the case. it can fit 2x 140mm on the bottom.

Last edited:
i found positive pressure. the only issue is that i need to get a dust filter.
i the way i found out is by taking a piece of tissue paper and testing it against the ventilated expansion slots.

Attachments

• pccooling.png
    pccooling.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 70
great glad you worked it out=) only downside i see now is that the fan above the psu might suck in some warm air from the psu=(

lol yea mine still is lol.
Gana be ordering a Antec DF-85 to replace my relic in a few weeks when i order my new video card=)

here are my temps.
prime for 30 mins and igpu maxed
ambient is about 21C +/- 5C. i dont know the exact temp in my room
also i am running stock clock
What do you think?
I dont have a pic but idle temps average 24c
also i heard overclocking is better for watercool, but ill do that when i get my new psu in

Attachments

• temps.png
    temps.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 46
  • clock.png
    clock.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back