• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this doable? Apogee GT and GTX mounts question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

i have a Apogee GT and it appears there is no 1151 mount for it. i think there is a 1336 mount though if i'm right? are the spacing's for the 1336 the same as the 1151?

either way, are the mount plates able to cross over? i need the GT to accept a GTX mount if doable if the first question is out. if not i might just stick to air as my TRUE can accept that mount pattern

i know i could just go out and order me a new block, but i'm trying to avoid it if possible.

You can make it fit as long as you have a drill and a bit to drill new mounting holes on the blocks hold down bracket!

That situation has never stopped me. :attn:

i was thinking, because from what i read the mount holes are 75mm apart compared to the 72 for the LGA 775 bracket

but i dont think it will work, the plate does not have a whole lot of meat left for the 775. i might line it up and see what happens. at the very least i can cobble some plastic hold down :) it appears i have quite a bit of homework ;)

the 1151 bracket is the same as 1150 1155 1156 so if it has any of those mounting options it will fit on 1151

Back