• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this ok for 1st loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

al210

Registered
This is what I bought so far. :)

(1) Cooler Master Cosmos-s case and side window option

(1) Danger Den DD-GTX295 VGA Full Card Liquid Cooling Block (GPU-6850)
Selected Options
Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 2): 3/8" ID Compression Fitting

(1) 620 Swiftech Apogee™ GTZ i7 CPU Waterblock - Socket LGA 1366

(1) XSPC RX360 Triple 120mm Radiator
Selected Options

(1) Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme 120mm Radiator (Black)
Selected Options

(1) Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev. 2 Small Form Factor / High-Flow Reservoir (1/2" ID & 3/8" ID)

(1) Swiftech MCP655-B™ 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)95

(4) Scythe S-FLEX™ SFF21D 120 x 120 x 25 mm Fan w/ S-FDB Bearing

(1) PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 3/8"ID 1/2" OD with 1/16" Wall - UV

(3) Primochill 3/8" UV Reactive Leakproof T Fitting - UV Red

(3) Primochill 3/8" UV Reactive Leakproof Y Fitting - UV Red

(14) 1/2" OD Reusable Clamp - Black

(2) Koolance 3/8" (10mm) ID Tubing Wrap - Black (SPR-10BK)

(4) Bitspower Ultimate G 1/4 Thread 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD Compression Fitting

Thinking about adding this chipset water block.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...uid_Cooling_Block_CHP-325.html?tl=g30c313s858

Will I need the 2nd Rad and if so where would you put it in the loop? Also I didn't get a fan controller and coolant temp monitor. Do I really need them and if so what whold you suggest.

Thanks for your opinions.

Why do you need all those Y's and T's? Also, if you have compression fittings, you don't need hose clamps.

doesn't look like he has compression fittings for everything so he still needs the clamps he has. I agree on the T's and Y's. What do you need all the T's and Y's for? You can put the rad anywhere you think it will be easiest to route tubing to.

doesn't look like he has compression fittings for everything so he still needs the clamps he has. I agree on the T's and Y's. What do you need all the T's and Y's for? You can put the rad anywhere you think it will be easiest to route tubing to.

I wasn't exactly sure how to run the devices in the loop so I bought the T's and Y's so I would have them if I need them. I thought I should use the T or Y to split off the pump with 1 line going to the CPU/Chipset and 1 line going to the GPU.

How would you run the devices and do you think I'll need the 2nd rad. I do plan on a heavy CPU overclock.

Splitting pump output that way doesn't work well at all. Most of your flow will take the path of least resistance.

So just a single loop? Order of components?

120.3 rad - res - pump - cpu blk - chipset blk - 120.1 rad - gpu blk - back to 120.3 rad

So just a single loop? Order of components?

120.3 rad - res - pump - cpu blk - chipset blk - 120.1 rad - gpu blk - back to 120.3 rad

I don't see anything inherently wrong with this order. Watch your flow though. Performance in your case is going to depend a lot on how restrictive your chipset block is.

i wouldn't ever split a loop accept for using with full coverage blocks and the same amount of tubing in between the video cards. or the swiftech stackable rads.

parts list looks good and the loop order looks good to.

I don't see anything inherently wrong with this order. Watch your flow though. Performance in your case is going to depend a lot on how restrictive your chipset block is.

I don't have the chipset block yet. Maybe its not a good idea to get it with this loop.

Back