• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this overclock good i7 930 @3.8Ghz Improved temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome. To be sure about stability, do a run overnight. 20 minutes isn't real stability :)

Thats right you can't call that stable. I will do the big stability test tomorrow. I'm going to bed now and uhm my pc is as loud as a truck :S
all fans @ 100% only gpu fan not so.. :-/

Btw would it be better to get water cooling?
What about the H80? Lower temps lower fan speeds profit?
Cost 90 euro here in dutch but care.. Its better for my cpu and ears so thats only profit! :D

Let me know what you think about that cooler i heard some things about it bad n good so i have no idea. But i think you know that.

NiTrOwow

It's a great cooler and should beat almost any air cooler. Just make sure your case can fit it. I can't say it will be quieter because it just depends on the fans you have. I'd say if you are happy where you are as far as frequency, air is just fine. Knowing me, I'd go for 4GHz just to hit that magic number ;)

It's a great cooler and should beat almost any air cooler. Just make sure your case can fit it. I can't say it will be quieter because it just depends on the fans you have. I'd say if you are happy where you are as far as frequency, air is just fine. Knowing me, I'd go for 4GHz just to hit that magic number ;)

Yep i believe you i also want to go higher now XD
But once strange thing.. i was watching a video on youtube someone with the same cooler i have now on a i7 920 (99% the same as the i7 930) and he had it clocked at 4.2 or 4.5 not sure what speeds again but high and he got max load 65*c max how it that possible? Is it possible that my cpu thermal paste is just bad applied (becuz i just did a big drop of paste on it and then mounted the cooler right on it, half a year ago from now) I think that was bad for overclocking like what i now do becuz the thermal paste is probably not spread very well.. Thats what i think.. I will replace it tomorrow and i will fill the whole chip with a thin fine layer of thermal plaste.. I will spead it with a card like my bank pass i've seen that before. Seems to work awesome aswel :)

I will post an update tomorrow here!

NiTrOwow

Back