• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this right...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seinken

I got around to overclocking my GPU Memory and this is what happened...

(8800GTX and also note the core sucks :( )

Insane Memory?

Everything in my system says it's running at 2.0ghz, which would be 4.0ghz after ddr.

Furthermore, the RAM begins to artifact at 2.4ghz which leads me to believe it's actually running at this absurd speed?

I'd check with RivaTuner to see what it says. Could be running at 2GHz after DDR, so 1GHz.

In the screenshot I do have a shot of Rivatuner, that seems to be the only place I can check GPU and memory clocks? =x

Sorry, missed it in the picture. Yeah, it's running at 2GHz DDR, so the actual speed in 1GHz. So you are not getting the 4GHz you were hoping for, still 2GHz, nice! :D

Well considering the Rivatuner adjuster started at 900mhz, I still doubt it's running at 2ghz after DDR modifications, I'll look into this later after I have a short nap. =o

Here's a reference pic to show why I think mine looks a little bit wonky. This is by someone with an insane overclock I guess. http://www.nordichardware.com/image3.php?id=2331

Back