• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this what you might consider a success?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lefty24

Registered
Well for the first computer I build about I year ago I was on a budget (being only 14). So I didn't exactly have money for all the good parts. Then I began to learn about overclocking and slowly I have worked my way to overclocking everything I can think of...first the CPU second the Memory third the Graphics/Video Card. So I wanted to see how much I could improve my system...so I did some benchmarks and here were the original results w/o overclocking.

Default Settings:

3Dmark2001 SE-7,000
3Dmark2003-FAILED
AquaMark3-7,000

Overclocked Settings:

3Dmark2001 SE-10,000
3Dmark2003-2,100
AquaMark3-12,000

Original and Overclocks are in my sig. My first though was not bad for a $750 system and first time build. But I'd like to see other peoples opinions, suggestions, or tips. I know the overall scores are good let me rephrase that...pathetic but now I know what to do better for next time. So post w/ ideas and anything else you would like to say...If you have system close to mine (speed or score wise post the scores and system specs please)

So is this what you think is a successful overall system overclock?

well, that's close to 50% free performance thru overclocking :) .. which is great :)

save a bit, sell the 5200 and get something better (9700pro can be had for ~130 now, and it'll boost your scores even more).

Yeah I only found out after I build my system that the 5200 was one of the worst cards out there (for high performance stuff). But it get me through everything I need to, but I'll also look for a higher card...I already started looking about 1 week ago but don't really have the money. What price would you recommend the 5200 Ultra to sell I bought it new at 120...$50 maybe? Thanks for the suggestion

Back