• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is undervolting a bad thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do u have a link to something from amd that specifically states that? Never heardhad that before..Or perhaps was this an above and behind situation?

I mean I have no idea who u r, but most especially neither do they so how is that good advertising for them when for all anyone knows you are nothing like 99% of extreme overclockers are like me?

No, I am not any big name overclocker, I do not bring in any money, it is a personal hobby that I enjoy greatly.

I do not attend big events, I do not gain world recognition. Heck I rarely resort to extreme methods such as Dice or LN2. But I do on occasion.

However I do not appreciate the personal attack.

There was no personal attack there. You mentioned good advertising but there isn't any there. Like 99% of extreme overclockers we are nothing.

So anyways, if you have time, it would great if youcould link something from amd that states they accept rma's from cb chips. I had no idea there was anything official on that. I think they just above and beyond for your own honesty. :)

The way I read it the first time, I had to re-read it, both times sounded like a jab at me. Now taking it in a third time, I think I can see what you meant by adding a comma after nothing.

I have no official documentation for you on the subject, only a string of 'I know a guy who knows a guy' situations where I had heard of cases of AMD accepting RMA's for the CB, and my own personal experience where they did so for me as well.

It could very well be a case that I was lucky, but to date it has been the only chip I have RMAed.

AMD definitely likes extreme OCing results for marketing purposes, if they think someone is going to be able to get some marketable results if they have a non-CB chip I could easily see them RMAing it for them.

Its not about RMA-ing a chip that doesn't OC well its about super tight binning.

There is the a thin line. Why would I buy a 965 chip that can barely handle stock voltages/clocks and then I had other lower end 955 that can easily out perform it by alot. Then something is wrong with that chip, the 965 label is incorrect.

Therefore I payed for something but I got something lower end, hence the RMA :D.

Bothways, the point I was trying to convey is that AMD customer service is awesome :p

Its not about RMA-ing a chip that doesn't OC well its about super tight binning.

There is the a thin line. Why would I buy a 965 chip that can barely handle stock voltages/clocks and then I had other lower end 955 that can easily out perform it by alot. Then something is wrong with that chip, the 965 label is incorrect.

Therefore I payed for something but I got something lower end, hence the RMA :D.

Bothways, the point I was trying to convey is that AMD customer service is awesome :p

The original comment was about RMA for not overclocking well, and then another person said "if you can, then why not?". The negative responses were to that idea, not the RMA of a chip that didn't behave at stock settings.

Back