• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iSCSI target help needed???...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

I am trying to set up a iscsi target on my fileserver so I can then use the VHD as a local disk on my main PC. (running Windows 7)

The reason I am doing this is so media center on the main PC will allow me to record live tv to the disk as it does not support networked drives.

I have searched for guides but I am unable to get it set up.

Could someone please help me set this up. I am using Windows Server 2008r2 with the Microsoft iSCSI software target.

One thing I am really stuck on is the ISCSI Initiators Identifiers screen. I really do not know what to type in the IQN Identifier box???:bang head

EDIT: After failing and deleting the target. When I went to try again there was already an IQN to select. Maybe this is due to my previous attempt to connect to the target?.. But now I am up and running :)

But if anyone knows of a good site that I can learn about iSCSI and how it works that would be great :thup:

I have never used iSCSI before so this is all new to me.

Last edited:
Have you looked this on wikipedia? Seems to have a bunch of info, I have only done this over nexus 7ks so I'm not sure about IQN over PC

Back