• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with sound effects in Certain Games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

So I been using onboard sound all this time. Playing over usb with a Triton AX Pro. Always worked fine.

I recently purchased Dragon Age Inquisition. I am having issues with "sound effects" only.

Like I am standing in a house, music is playing, dialogue is talking..and this will be perfect. But the wind sound from say outside, or the sound of the fire, or combat noises like metal on metal will cut in and out every few seconds, even while music and dialogue plays fine.

So I thought maybe driver issue, maybe onboard sound hitting capabilities, I dont know. So I bought a Asus Xonar Gaming Sound card, have same headphones hooked up via optical. Same issue is still persisting. I have my headphones set in sound options as stereo, as well as game. Same issue with these "effect" sounds only.

I tried over my TV and my A/R 5.1 setup via HDMI..same issue all around. I find it weird its with sound effects only.

Anyone have any ideas? I have asked on their official forums..but only 1-2 other people on PC say they have this issue..while everyone else plays fine. I meet all the recommended specs..except for CPU, which meets more than minimum specs. Spec is in my sig, except its a Phenom X4 B55..555 was a typo.

so..yeah..any ideas?

here is an example. Listen to the wind sound, you can still hear music playing even when this sound cuts out. I tried doing a video of other stuff, like fire inside a house and combat sound, but with no music, it just sounded like all audio cut out, so used this.

Ok so it's not a hardware issue then, so it must be drivers. Do you have drivers or audio software installed? Especially for the headphones? If you do uninstall them all, then only install onboard sound drivers (or the ASUS sound card) and test with speakers only.

Back