• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure if I missed something but my 3770K is acting kinda weird. No matter if I have 1, 2 or 4 cores + ht enabled, I can make about the same max clocks. What more max voltage that is benchable is about 1.55V. I mean like Spi1m is passing at about 5.5GHz 1.55V and wprime1024 on 4 cores+ht 5.45GHz 1.55V. When I set lower clock like 5.3-5.4GHz but higher voltage like 1.65V then I get random 124 error.
I'm not exactly sure what temp is on cpu as I have no detailed info under -20C. Idle supposed to be something about -30C , load about -17-20C. Already checked PLL from 1.55-2.05V and most other settings. Mobo M5G checked 3 bioses including latest beta. LN2 mode enabled or disabled, no difference.
Any ideas what can it be ?

Strange but I had something happen like that, what have you run this chip at already? or is this first run? could be toast or Mobo issue try another chip in the mobo need more info was chip run heavy already? I had a 3930K even though not IB ran it heavy everything good then next run a day later was like what your getting all of a sudden anything over 5.2 was NFG no matter what I did. Dropped it in another Mobo and same TOAST.

I'm just about to sell my current i5 2500k and the P67 Extreme4 (gotta love Spanish law, 2 years, e-tailer didn't complain, hooray!) for about 280 EUR. I already got my Z77, and with those 280 EUR I could get a 3570k (or a 3770k for 30 EUR more).

Is it worth it, or should I just stick with my 2500k?

I would get the 3770k for 30 euros more.
If you change to the 3570k, apart from benchmarking, you probably won't notice any difference. With the 3770k, you may notice some difference in normal day to day use, because of Hyper Threading.

Strange but I had something happen like that, what have you run this chip at already? or is this first run? could be toast or Mobo issue try another chip in the mobo need more info was chip run heavy already? I had a 3930K even though not IB ran it heavy everything good then next run a day later was like what your getting all of a sudden anything over 5.2 was NFG no matter what I did. Dropped it in another Mobo and same TOAST.

Running it for over a week now at the same max clocks each time when I try. Last days mainly forcing it to make 3000+ on memory so generally sick VCCIO/VCCSA but it makes no difference, no degradation etc. Point is that most other users run 5.5-5.6GHz with higher voltages on SS like 1.7V+ while my cpu is running at about 1.5-1.55V and have problems to even boot above 1.6V ( in BIOS ). You can check my hwbot submissions, just can't make it run higher.
I don't really care about stability. Just want it to run higher in benchmarks.

This one was maybe 10 seconds before system crashed 1.615V in cpuz ( about 1.59 in BIOS ) ...
777051.jpg

and quite stable for anything longer 5.5GHz up to 1.58V in cpuz, 1.55V in BIOS
777041.jpg

wprime1024 that is kinda stressing for cpu , I needed higher voltage to make all my 2600K to run at this speed ...

780871.jpg

I don't really have other chip to try.

Last edited:
Guys anyone is or are planning to run IB on 1.3+ Vcore for 24/7 use? Sadly my chip is pretty bad overclocker and need 1.32 for 4.5 GHz (which is a fine round number I aim for) I have Corsair H80 set to low and temps are around 80-85 full load.

Also please excuse me for my ignorance, but is it possible to somehow turn off IGPU or lower voltages for it or do anything with it as I have a dedicated GPU (560ti).
My mobo is Asus z77-v pro with latest BIOS

Guys anyone is or are planning to run IB on 1.3+ Vcore for 24/7 use? Sadly my chip is pretty bad overclocker and need 1.32 for 4.5 GHz (which is a fine round number I aim for) I have Corsair H80 set to low and temps are around 80-85 full load.

Also please excuse me for my ignorance, but is it possible to somehow turn off IGPU or lower voltages for it or do anything with it as I have a dedicated GPU (560ti).
Depends on the motherboard, but try to lower VCCIO, and PLL to save a couple degrees.

I have 3570K + Pro @ 4500 Mhz, 1.26V.

So, if I want to clock my G.Skill Ares 1.65V 9-11-10-28 from 2133 to 2400 Mhz, then what should I set my other voltages to? Is VCCSA 1.000V enough? Not very familiar with memory overclocking...

For 24/7, Im using 4.7 at 1.31v, and my prime 12 hr load temps maxed at 82C and linx testing at 85C. But have been gaming and temps havent been past mid 50s, and mostly not that high.

Wouldnt worry about stress test temps, unless you fold 24/7 or actually using prime as intended, ie running it 24/7 in background searching for prime numbers.

Lower is always better for temps, but temps to worry about are your 24/7 use temps.

I would put the VCCIO up to around 1.1v and the VCCSA to around 1.05 and try from there. I'm not sure what types of chips are in the Ares set that you are using (it isn't specified here http://ramlist.i4memory.com/ddr3/ ) if you can tell us the part # on the side of the stick and or match it up against this:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...2666-Preview&p=5091180&viewfull=1#post5091180
We may be able to give some advice.
G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB
CL9-11-10 1.65v.
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=488
Gonna try what you suggested, thanks.

12130240321015 - Hynix

Last edited:
I would try first at DDR3-2200, then if you can't get 2400 to boot you can try giving it around 1.7v and start adding bclk one or two at a time and then test when you get into Windows (or even boot). Then you can try adding some more VCCIO/VCCSA and a bit more DRAM-voltage (up to around 1.75 should be OK) and see what it can do.

Stable at 4.5 Ghz, 1.25v. 63/72/70/70 °C on Maximum Intel Burn Test, 25 Runs

3570k with Corsair H100.

Will OC'ing my ram even make a noticable difference?

Started messing around with OC settings on my ASRock Z68 Extreme3 with my 3570k. Ended up stable at 4.2Ghz with 1.220v. Also up'd the memory from 1333mhz to 1600mhz.

I cant get any higher than 4.2Ghz, no matter how much voltage I pump. 4.5Ghz wont even boot with 1.35v

Here's a screen cap. Temps seem OK for a Corsair A70. Max was 58/68/67/63. Idle is ~28C.

Untitled.jpg

Stable at 4.5 Ghz, 1.25v. 63/72/70/70 °C on Maximum Intel Burn Test, 25 Runs

3570k with Corsair H100.

Will OC'ing my ram even make a noticable difference?

not really outside of seeing some benckmark scores go up

not really outside of seeing some benckmark scores go up

+1

I tried with two separate platforms: LGA775 (DDR2) and 1156 (DDR3), and both resulted in 0-1% increase in framerate in games.. that was with some pretty heavy voltage + speed increases, and even trying with default speeds but super tight timings etc..

I was a bit dissapointed, all that extra heat and work led me to nothing useful real-world wise.. Was fun though. :comp:

I still like to run my RAM as fast and tight as possible. Never really noticed any extra heat from it. The graphics card heat output always eclipses everything else.

just built a new pc with a 6570k

4.4ghz with an hour prime stable with temps of 72 and 1.28vcore

with the preset for 4ghz I was up to 85c prime stable for several hours, not sure if my current settings will heat up more, not sure the preset vcore

i'm on an antec kuhlor 620

I would try first at DDR3-2200, then if you can't get 2400 to boot you can try giving it around 1.7v and start adding bclk one or two at a time and then test when you get into Windows (or even boot). Then you can try adding some more VCCIO/VCCSA and a bit more DRAM-voltage (up to around 1.75 should be OK) and see what it can do.
Can't boot at 2400, tried everything... Even struggled to get 2200 to do some prime passes. So at moment, it sits at stock speed and timing.

Back