• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Ivy Bridge memory voltage safety

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcx125

Registered
I have an i5 3570k paired with an Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo. I have already bought RAM, 4x2gb Ripjaws Z 2133mhz (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231503) and it runs at 1.65v for 2133mhz. I could run it at 1600 cl9 1.5v but i want to get my money out of it, would it be safe to run 1.65v with my processor or would i risk damage in the long run? I have read that ivy doesn't "officially" support 1.65v but i have no conclusive evidence as to whether or not it would be a good idea for running constantly.

I can say that too high vdimm is safer than too high vccio/vccsa. Probably up to 1.75V vdimm will be safe but of course noone had chance to check it for longer than ~8 months.
1.65V is kinda standard voltage for most 2133+ memory kits so it has to be safe as I doubt that most memory manufacturers will risk in this matter.
Btw, nice kit you have there :thup:

Actually, i got it on sale, like $124. Thanks for the reply, i couldn't find a definitive answer.

Back