• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

johhnyguru dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

I was going to start looking for a psu for my nas that has as many sata as possible (avoiding adapters if possible) and wanted to check johnnyguru. I ran across [URL="https://hardforum.com/threads/johnnyguru-com-its-a-sad-day.2007336]this article[/URL] on hardforums that says johnnyguru is dead. I was wondering if anyone here can confirm/deny has any other information?

Yes, it has been gone for a while. It will really be a shame if all of those reviews aren't able to be hosted somewhere on the net to show new reviewers how a PSU review should be done.
[H]ard
TPU

Yeah I remember some time ago Oklahoma Wolf retired from doing PSU reviews for JG as well. He was a great guy and a well respected member and a valuable asset to OCF. I sure miss him. Hope he stops by sometime and say hello.

My thoughts exactly
I set Johnny guru as the gold standard and am disappointed that we don't have that level of review available anymore

Tpu does a solid job... so does Tom's. It doesn't have the OW flare, but they are technically sound.

Is he not working for corsair nowadays? or is he like "Physically in the ground dead"?

I would personally prefer the idea of him working at corsair out of the two I just mentioned.

I saw an interview where he had been picked up by a major company. Just cant remember for sure who it was. Very sad to see the sight gone. His reviews were 1 of a kind for sure.

Sure miss those reviews. Not too long ago I was shopping for a new PSU and couldn't find a decent review anywhere. Pretty much every site I went to was brand supported and the reviews really didn't do anything but compare looks and fancy wiring.

Back