• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joined the team!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rawkit

Registered
I joined these forum's to learn more about overclocking my machine, but when I saw that there were people using SETI I had to join! I haven't ever done it myself, but I remember my dad had his old pentium cranking out the data 24/7 with that awesome SETI screen saver back in the day.

So with that nostalgia + what seems like a great community, I couldn't help but join :) I'm excited to be a part of it!

BTW, is it true that I can't use the old school seti screen saver in conjunction with Lunatic? :-/

Last edited:
Welcome to the team!

I do not use the screensaver because:
1. I turn my monitor off when I walk away.
2. If my monitor is on I'm actively using the machine.
3. Screensavers use some GPU/CPU power that I prefer to reserve for SETI.

AFAIK the old command line screen saver is not compatible with BOINC of any flavor as it has its own screen saver now.

I ... have joined the team too...:shrug:

BTW how do I get rid of the manager without stopping the "service" :bang head

I ... have joined the team too...:shrug:

BTW how do I get rid of the manager without stopping the "service" :bang head

If you're running any of the 6.x clients, go to Advanced -> Options. There will be a check box "Enabled Manager exit dialog?" Check this on, and the next time you close out the manager, you will get a pop-up asking if you want to stop all science operations. Tell it no, and remember my decision and that should take care of it closing out the manager while science projects still run.

Last edited:
Back