• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joining our SETI Team? Report here for duty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 20 crunching right now... if you take away that zero... however one being a PIII-mobile @ 844mhz is anything but amazing.

:welcome: CyberMancer!!

sp33dball said:
I have 20 crunching right now... if you take away that zero... however one being a PIII-mobile @ 844mhz is anything but amazing.

:welcome: CyberMancer!!
I know what you mean. 1 of mine is a 1.1ghz P3m and even optimized (all new comers, optimizations are in a sticky @ top of the page. They help alot, I have a 1.8ghz P4m that got ~7 hours standard and now its putting out WUs every 3-4.) according to BOINC its taking just over 1/2 a day per work unit, and thats running 24/7. And a :welcome: from the freak himself to newcomers.

Welcome back to Seti, CyberMancer. I'm a long time folder that got totally fed up with the way that Stanford has been handling the points/clients situation and the way they have seemingly abandoned the single client versions and give preferential points to the new toys they have, like the SMP, GPU and PS3 clients. And the points inflation they have added for those new clients just cheapens all the results us long time folders put into the project with the single client, to me at least. The science of it is great but the credit aspect has totally turned me off and made me not want to fold any more.

I find the Seti science fairly interesting but more importantly, they seem to be much more fair on the credit for work issue to me. Another really big plus for Seti with me is that with Seti I can remotely monitor each individual computer I have crunching through the stats, which Stanford in their infinite wisdom :rolleyes: won't let anyone but their special guys (mods and buttkissers at the community forums) have access to this kind of information. I work on drilling rigs in remote locations on a 14/14 day schedule and with Seti I can see if all my computers are producing or not individually. Plus, I'm helping our Seti team too with my crunchers. :D

I'm crunching with 8 computers presently, Maxi. I have 1 rig shut down right now that I did have folding but I was starting to have heat problems in my computer room. So I shut that folder down until I get a chance to clean the window ac again, which should increase it's efficieny back to where it can handle the heatload again.

Im running Boinc on 2 systems @ home, C2D one in sig + P4 630.
There are also other comps crunching for me here and there, my roommates 1700+ Athlon and the 2 comps in my moms office, 2600+ Sempron and 1600Mhz duron. All are overclocked but the majority of production comes from my 2 systems at home. Others are only part time crunchers.

CyberMancer and Roisen - Welcome back to SETI! :)

CyberMancer I like your sig! AMD is far out-numbered by Intel over here but nobody makes much of an issue of it, one way or the other.

Roisen, I expect to see you up near me soon on RAC - that's about where I sit too, for now ... ;)

:beer:

Thanks for the welcome

-waits for this thing to finish-

It's telling me 2hrs left-

Yay?

JamesXP said:
:beer:

Thanks for the welcome

-waits for this thing to finish-

It's telling me 2hrs left-

Yay?

Different lenghts of time depending on the speed of your cpu and the angle range of the data packet that you are crunching. In a few days you will be able to see your RAC begin to climb, it will take at least 14 days for your RAC to start leveling out.

Well when I first turned it on it said like 8h to finish now its 1.3h through and says it needs another 1.30h to complete :p

I doubt a duron 800 would be much to crunch with?

Joined on 8:45 CST. Will set up another 3 PC's tomorrow night.:)

I ran a benchmarking session on BOINC:
7/5/2007 8:57:59 PM||Benchmark results:
7/5/2007 8:57:59 PM|| Number of CPUs: 2
7/5/2007 8:57:59 PM|| 2794 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
7/5/2007 8:57:59 PM|| 5916 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU

Is this any good?

Last edited:
Heh, I'm joining too. Did you install the optimized app? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=487152

Experienced SETI people: can you briefly describe the credit system? Some of the projects I've done in the past use various methods of looking at benchmark results and comparing the WU time to other users. I run Crunch3r's boinc client ( http://calbe.dw70.de/ ) to get higher benchmarks, and higher credits in some projects. (If an app can use SSE optimization, I don't see why the boinc client can't in its benches.)

Does the benchmark make a difference?

2007-06-29 07:03:55 [---] Running CPU benchmarks
2007-06-29 07:04:53 [---] Benchmark results:
2007-06-29 07:04:53 [---] Number of CPUs: 2
2007-06-29 07:04:53 [---] 9139 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
2007-06-29 07:04:53 [---] 21151 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU

I mentioned the benchmarks because of your sig, I'm running an e6400 @ 3.32, p5b, 2gb ddr2 800 4-4-4-12

Like I said, I don't know how SETI takes the benchmarks into account or if credit is granted based solely on either an algorithm or an average of several users' requested credit.

Back