• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Junk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi ,

Using W7PRO with outllook and its a hotmail issue of my inbox.

Repeatedly Im having 30 messages in my junk. I select all junk and mark , block , this is doing no good.

Next day Im getting the same junk , I do the same , block but this does not solve the problem.

I have even selected individual junk emails to use the unsubscribe method and still they return.

What advisory exists in regard to solving this issue?

Do I need to change all email addresses and use a paid email company ?

I do have Proton mail , but an easy step by step on how to transfer all email folders from Outlook to Proton I cannot access?

Berne

I have even selected individual junk emails to use the unsubscribe method ...
Tell me that this does not mean what I think it means. Unsubscribe to SPAM is generally a bad idea. Unless, and you have to be sure about this, unless the SPAM comes from a real company who is true and lawful. Any "unsubscribe" to a fradulant SPAMmer will only result in a large increase in SPAM. So I hope that I'm just misunderstanding the issue.

What you describe has nothing to do with what OS you are using or the web mail tool. I've seen this on Apple products and all kinds of webmail services in my own experience as well as that of my customer base. It probably has more to do with your ISP's spam filters needing to be improved. And that may happen in time but if your want to fix this quickly your only resort is to start using another email address. Also, I should ask if you are forwarding spam from other accounts, in which case the real problem may be with one of the other accounts that is forwarding mail to your main account.

What you describe has nothing to do with what OS you are using or the web mail tool. I've seen this on Apple products and all kinds of webmail services in my own experience as well as that of my customer base. It probably has more to do with your ISP's spam filters needing to be improved. And that may happen in time but if your want to fix this quickly your only resort is to start using another email address. Also, I should ask if you are forwarding spam from other accounts, in which case the real problem may be with one of the other accounts that is forwarding mail to your main account.

Hi All,

Many thanks for the replies...best guess is a new account.

Back