• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just a minor overclock for a somewhat low end system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is way too hot at that voltage and that cooler, you should be able to hit around 4.2ghz/4.4ghz at least, can you double check your overclock options in BIOS ?

What cooler is being used? I don't see one mentioned...I would guess that evo, but... good to make sure. :)

As this system is mainly used for music and classwork *finishing my associates in network administration* It never gets pushed to the max, so that 61c never happens under normal conditions. It's around 39c at the moment.

Main problem is, being in south texas, and summer, I have the AC set at 80f else my power bill goes to a realm I do not approve of.

Will check BIOS settings though.

212 EVO, its in hes sig
he said that system was dead... or I assumed that the system in his sig was dead. I didn't know he was still using that cooler...

But seeing as how he is brand new, what is in the sig is likely what he is rocking.

Point taken, i assume people are overreacting when they use the word "melt" :cool:

@EarthDog Previous system was on a Sabertooth 990Fx R1, with an FX-8xxx *forget which, one of the initial batches* decent MSI twin frozr card *well, decent for a few years ago. It was a frankensystem that I had been swapping parts in and out of from older systems for ages, was in a HAF-X tower. I said melt cos parts of it did. Direct lightning strike to house. cheapo surge protector did not stand a chance lol. Even the case had damage lol.

But yeah, here's where I am at now, its stable and I am happy for now lol

1112_stable.jpg

bargain bin 400W<---this scares me. If it is crap it could take this--->Sabertooth 990fx R2 and this---> FX-6100 with it. Which would lead to a whole lot of this :bang head :mad::cry:

Well, only reason for the bargain bin PSU, is lack of funds due to college courses and textbooks being.........well..........evil expensive

Will likely swap out the PSU in the coming months. seeing as 1000w are down to around $200 for a fully modular coolermaster.

Why would you get a 1KW PSU? For your sytem, 500W is plenty. If you want to be 'future proof' and overclock the snot of what you have and even more powerful cards, grab a 650W PSU. The EVGA GS650 comes to mind...

650 would work in a 2x or 3x SLI/Crossfire setup?

This system was tossed together in a flash for classes, after that, its just gonna be a base for other things lol.

side note.......Why is it that AMD/INTEL cannot both align their cpu sockets so that a coolers fans face the back of the case, like mine, its blowing hot air over the length of the board.

*grumbles*

That hyper will orient back to front on AM3+ socket been there done that. You'll have to reseat it if you want it blowing out the back.
As for the SLI just save the money you would spend on other cards get a GTX970 and be done it's plenty for gaming a normal resolutions.

I also agree. Fro 2560x1440 on down, there is no need for multiple cards. Grab a 970/980/390/390x and enjoy.

bargain bin 400W<---this scares me. If it is crap it could take this--->Sabertooth 990fx R2 and this---> FX-6100 with it. Which would lead to a whole lot of this :bang head :mad::cry:

QFT! Even my 2008 FSP 500W is better than that thing! Using that for my Sabertooth 990 FX R 2.0, as I'm typing!

Visual inspection before using it again and still looks brand new!

All I know is, next PSU is gonna be fully modular.........I hate extra cabling I am not using. NOTHING irritates me more than a rats nest of cabling......although, my idea of fun would be tidying up a datacenter over a weekend lol.
Zipties anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

OH yeah, my 5 year old RAT7 bit it *laser emitter conked*, now im using my backup wireless mobile mouse 3500.........i forgot how tiny this thing was.

Back