• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just another Mousepot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
Seeing all those 3.8Ghz FX-57's was really killing me. It took a bit of lapping to get the bottom in shape, I'll be trying it out sometime this weekend.

pot.jpg

Ad Rock said:
Those new tubes from Chilly1 look just amazing, good luck with your OC and please make a thread about it in here.

it's a MickeyMouse tube not a chilly1

congrats on just getting ahold of a mousepot, have fun with it

Damn, well I couldn't get this 57 more stable than on the single stage. I suppose this means I need to pop the IHS, and I'm not in a big hurry to try that just yet. Or it could be not the best contact although I can't see how that possible. I didn't even use the springs with the mounting and it was very tight.

I also ended up with the pot frozen to the board lol, and believe me I had it setup very well. I need to figure out a way to seal the bottom of the insulation where it sits on the mobo. Had some nice temps tho, -34° BIOS, 9° colder than the Baker cooler :D

3989bc16.jpg
DI-3.jpg
DI-5.jpg
DI-6.jpg

Well this seems to be the perfect combo right now. Any colder and your gonna hit the wall. This container is already running 3.75-3.8Ghz in 32mb PI on a few chips over at XS - 0516 WPMW same as mine. I couldn't even get 3.5 stable, I need to figure this out.

Notice the dual tubes, I was all ready to make an attack on the ORB. I guess it's not gonna be as easy as
I thought :D

{PMS}fishy said:
El<(')>Maxi, I tried to reply to your PM but your in box is full.

hehe i think he is going to stay up all night @ Ati head office to get his new card

Oh wow.

Too cool man, I'm envious. I've seen nothing but good mousepot results over on XS - it appears to be widely regarded as a pretty good bit of gear.

And two of them!! That's a lot of firepower at your disposal :).

Actually only one Mousepot, the other is a Chilly GPU unit. My FX-57 seems to have cold bug, the single stage works much better than under these DI temps....unless I'm missing something. I tried every voltage under the sun.

Reason I ask is that he should be fine to around -70ish, though I wouldn't be terribly surprised of him not gaining much going from single stage of that caliber to DI. As memory serves, usually takes LN2/cascade to go past 3.7 with ease. -34C would be a little on the high side, in which case the small speed increase wouldn't be a surprise.

Back