• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Arrived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WaLLS

Hi There

I am looking into Overclocking my i7-960 (3.2 Stock), I only have a Coolit Domino A.L.C. Unit and I was wondering what sort of speeds I would expect with what I have.

Many Thanks
Regards WaLLS

well if that water kit can handle the heat, you might be able to see 3.6ghz-3.8ghz.

Dude....3.6 to 3.8GHz :eh?: You can usually get those on the stock Intel HSF.

The CoolIT Domino should get him a little higher ;)

if the stock cooler can get a i7 920 to those speeds then, i should switch. cause im getting some bad temps on the first rev ninja hs at [email protected]. :eh?:

i just havent kept track lately of what stockers can do with i7's. i just tried to help him out since it was posted yesterday with some views and no responses. i try to keep thing realistic though and not over estimate what he might be able to get. since amb temps do vary alot there is no telling how hot or cold it is where he lives.

if the stock cooler can get a i7 920 to those speeds then, i should switch. cause im getting some bad temps on the first rev ninja hs at [email protected]. :eh?:

i just havent kept track lately of what stockers can do with i7's. i just tried to help him out since it was posted yesterday with some views and no responses. i try to keep thing realistic though and not over estimate what he might be able to get. since amb temps do vary alot there is no telling how hot or cold it is where he lives.

Valid points Evil ;) But still pretty conservative estimate IMO....

The Ninja (esp 1st revision) is a horrible cooler for high TDP CPUs :(

Thanks for the reply guys.
I am going to play a little with the boards own overclocking tool. (TurboV Utility 1.01.03)
I would be happy with 3.8 GHz, so I will let you know the outcome.

Regards WaLLS

:comp:

well if he has the co/c1 stepping chip then its going to be harder. if he has d0 stepping over 4ghz will be a cakewalk. one time I got my cpu over 4ghz on air but it was WAAYYYY too hot and it crashed 3 minutes after booting

When a chip hits 3.6Ghz I'm thinking that's a pretty fast and a solid chip. When it hits 4.0Ghz that's pretty darn awesome. But you're right all chips aren't equal.

Back