• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Bought Diablo 2 + LOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I bought it too, but it doesn't seem to work.

I installed it and then tried to open it but then I was just get a black screen. I tried going to task manager to exit it and then it just locks my computer up.

I tihnk it's maybe something to do with dual core? But I don't know how to set an affinity to it before I open the game.

Here a link to a program which allows you to set the affinity and other process relevant settings. Its FreeWare ..

1) Go to www.smartconsultant.de/forum
2) Register as an user
3) Go to the download section and download there

Here the link to the online help ... http://www.smartconsultant.de/pw/help/index.htm

I have it running in the Autostart menu so it starts up with Windows, it than sets for each Game it settings automatically whenever I start the Game ...

I hope this helps.

Ok I fixed it. It doesn't have anything to do with the affinity. Thanks though. When you do the video test, set it to 2D.

just open task manager, find the diablo.exe file right click / set affinity - choose your cpu done.

AngelfireUk83 said:
RAL-ORT-TAL in a 3 socket shield creates Ancients Pledge 48% to all resistance if I remember rightly best thing to have for a character with low resistances. And ORT-SOL in a 2 socket helm/crown/circuit creates LORE which puts 1 to all skills and some other small bonuses.
Now that you mention runes I need to get a Zod for my ethreal 4 socket armor. I need to play another game but but... just one more Baal run and I'm done for good. I mean it this time! No I don't...:(

Diablo 2 was the best game I ever played. I got so much enjoyment out of that and when the LOD expasion hit, it was like whole new game. That game was bout the only game I turely got my money's worth and more. Come to think of it Starcraft as well.... I see a pattern.... blizzard games own!!

A buddy of mine and I were playing pretty much nonstop for awhile. We finished Baal in like, 2 days.

I tried out an Elemental Druid. I have a WereDruid, but it's useless in Hell difficulty, 'cause everything is physical immune :(. I also have an Assassin I'm working on which is coming along nicely :)

Yes, I love this game.

hmm,

i used to play this ALOT..but i play bf2 more..

i guess i dont play it much casue i hate playing alone.. i like it playing with people that i know, thats why i like bf2, were i will join a server that i know 60% of them there.

if i had some people i know to play with..that would be cooll....

iono even how many days i spent playing this game, but its probably somewhere around 50 days. nothing compared to cs i think i spent 120 days or so not including source. i remember i used to play while my dad wasn't home or was asleep. lol good ol' days. now it doesn't even matter hahaha. lifes grand, don't waste it on games. YAH RIGHT!

ahhaha. I'LL B PLAYING GAMES EVEN WHEN I'M OLD AND HAVE GRAY HAIR.

I actually just bought the game too, Iwish the ladder would reset. Bit of a daunting task when the lowest char is lvl 96 on there :(

Goateh said:
I actually just bought the game too, Iwish the ladder would reset. Bit of a daunting task when the lowest char is lvl 96 on there :(

from what i remember, it resets every 3 or odd months. lvl 96 is not hard to get to ... 2 months if you have no life or a bot..

Yeah, I remember several lazy summers during which I did absolutely nothing except play this game. I used to do meph runs until 3 or 4 in the morning, wake up at 10, eat, and then do more meph runs for weeks on end. Good times. Actually, I'm going to go ahead and reinstall it right now. I mean, it is Tuesday morning maintenance time for WoW...Have any of you guys played any of the mods they have available for it? I'm interested in giving one of them a go, but I'd like to know what opinions you all have on them.

Lol, Diablo2 a poor mans WoW :p

I should get around to getting WoW, but I'm lazy and don't like th idea of a monthly fee at this stage

Wow I went on a pretty big binge playing for like 3 hours last night with my friend. I wish there was a way to change the resolution... 640x400 looks pretty ugly on my 19" monitor.. ><

I'm up to level 37 with my sorceress (with a leaf rune word staff and a stealth rune word armor) 1k FB dmg, my 2 friends and I play after work and what not, great way to waste time when nothing is going on at night during the summer. It'll be hard to give it up going back to college in august though.

Oh my goodness. Diablo 2 is probably one of the greatest games I've played. It's been the only game that I've been completely addicted to. I play it for a couple months once or twice a year then get bored and quit. Last time I quit I sold my account for like $220 on ebay. That was after I sold a bunch of those Hellfire torches and made like $70 on those. I too am waiting for the ladder to reset. I don't ever plan on making it on there but I just cant stand the ammount of duping and such that goes on towards the end of the ladders.

I'll create or find a D2 post next time I start up and see if I can get together with some of you losers. :)

What are you guys going to use for the next ladder run? I plan on another Frost Zealot. Massive damage with even crappy items.

Back