• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Finished Build.. HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what should i set the ram voltage to?
DDR2 1066 RAM likes 2.0-2.1VDC. I use 2.1
And the northbridge voltage?
I'd leave it at stock

Thanks guys!
Hopefully this works. It crashed the the BSOD while playing Crysis Warhead for only like 10-15 minutes

Okay, so i am back and tested with memtest86

It came up with:

9728 errors
8 pass

What other information about it do you guys need? I had it run for 9 and 1/2 hours but needed the PC for work.

I have 8GB installed btw, 4 x 2gb sticks

Have the model number of the ram?

*edit* Your next step by the way is to try with just 1 stick in and run memtest again. After each time a stick passes then you know it's good and try the next. It's pretty tedious, but you'll eventually identify the correct stick. If it's all sticks then most likely it's just a lack of voltage. Check out the specifications for your RAM and set the voltage manually if you haven't yet done so.

It came up with:

9728 errors
8 pass

What other information about it do you guys need? I had it run for 9 and 1/2 hours but needed the PC for work.

um, i think that's NOT good...

It came up with:

9728 errors
8 pass

You definately have a problem with RAM. Run the same test but with only two sticks. Then run it with the other two sticks.

The acceptible number of errors is.....

0 (zero). You should have no errors in your RAM. Test each stick until you find the ones that work and the ones that don't.

Most likely you have bad RAM. However, if your RAM requires higher voltage than stock, that could explain it too. Check the manufacturer's spec for voltage and timing. Make sure to adjust those settings in your MB BIOS.

Your OS install might be a bit screwed up since you might have installed it on a bad stick of RAM. :beer:

It installed, but I wouldn't trust it.

Back