• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my Asus K52J

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

and it's been so long since I've bought a computer instead of building it, that I forgot how much crap ware comes installed on these things.
78 friggin processes after startup and I haven't installed a single thing. 78!
That's ridiculous. Even when I'm running stuff on my desktop, that I've been installing crap to for months, I never go above 70.

Edit: Seems I'm not the only one that thinks Asus is going overboard: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=380681&highlight=asus+bloatware

Last edited:
hey my desktop's running on 73 at the moment...i think it's time i cleaned up=p
i bet iTunes is using like 5 processes...for some iPodservice.exe i don't even need.

Mine has 58 and I haven't reformatted since W7 released. I like to try out new software quite a bit and have become fairly lax in my computer maintenance. So, yes that's pretty bad for out of the box.

Mine has 58 and I haven't reformatted since W7 released. I like to try out new software quite a bit and have become fairly lax in my computer maintenance. So, yes that's pretty bad for out of the box.
that's fairly nice :p
i wonder why i have so many excessive processes.
OH this is cheating...my G15 keyboard takes up 5 processes alone lol.

is this thread for processes discussion or your laptop Twiggish? :santa:
anyway, i was looking at the laptop a few weeks ago before i decided to go with a netbook instead. i3 under that hood?

Back