• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Got My New E6600 - Check Out These Batch G Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mawsoccer

I just got my E6600 a couple days ago and I finally got my second build up and running.

I recieved a Week 46G Processor.

After reading about the horrible results people are getting from 44G I was really eager to test this puppy!

Here are my results...

Speed: 3.2 (400 x 8)
Set Vcore in Bios: 1.350v
Vcore Readings in Bios: 1.328v
Vcore at 100% Load: 1.304v
Idle Temps: 24*C - 25*C
Load Temps: 37*C - 39*C
Test: Orthos Small FFTs (Priortiy 10) Stable for 1 Hrs (Preliminary Test)

I will keep this updated.

Now preliminary testing at 3.4 Ghz

Tuniq Tower w/stock fan

This is actually a build for my sister... I spent about $300 less on this build and it appears to be about the same as the one in my sig if not possibly better.

Nice load temps!

Can't wait till my E6600 arrives!

Hopefully I'll get somewhat similar results with my Tuniq tower and P5W-DH.

Keep us updated on the 3.4ghz.

inkfx said:
You think it's changed from the previous 1.325v? I don't see why they would. :shrug:

VID is different for each CPU. 'Max vcore' is the same 1.35V though.

OP - what are your ambient temps? That is a very low load temp, it makes me wonder if you're subject to the same wierd temp readings the 'G' 6420's were getting (load below ambient which is impossible.) Have you tried TAT or the mobo monitoring software, even though we know the latter isn't directly comparable? Or if you have a temperature probe that could be placed on the underside of the HSF but not interfere with the CPU interface. It's just very strange because that kind of vcore and speed typically gave load temps of 50C+.

Otherwise Intel must have pulled off a big change to get these load temps 5-10C+ cooler.

My ambient temps are usually around 71 * F - 71 *F So thats like 21 * C to 23 *C

I just put 47G into my system. Before this one, I had 31A running 3.2Ghz with 1.375v(in bios).
I only changed out the cpus and didn't make any changes in the bios, so the bios set itselft to default value at the first boot.
At the exact same setting 47G wasn't able to start the system. It needed 1.400v (in bios) to be able to start up. At that moment, I was already thinking this one is going back to the store.
But what you know? This one has been running Orthos a little over an hour at much cooler temperature than its older brother, by close to 10C!!!

p.s. I briefly tried 3.6ghz with 1.4125v withough good result.

youngbuck said:
How do you tell what week it is by looking at the FPO/Batch #?

It on the side of the box or on the cpu. There is long number with a letter like, A, B or G. The two numbers before the letter is the week.

youngbuck said:
How do you tell what week it is by looking at the FPO/Batch #?

This is the FPO/BATCH # on my current E6600 (I have another one on the way) L632B444. The L is the production plant (in this case I think it's Malaysia) 6 is the year (2006) 32 is the week (in this case week 32). I think the last 4 digits in the PROD CODE tell you the stepping my PROD CODE BX80557E6600SL9SB I think the SL9SB is my chips revision and also the version for I think C1 stepping. :confused: (if this is old outdated info please correct it)

I got a 44G B2 revision, is this bad ?_? I want to OC to 3.0 or 3.2. What's the difference?

mrsense said:
I just put 47G into my system. Before this one, I had 31A running 3.2Ghz with 1.375v(in bios).
I only changed out the cpus and didn't make any changes in the bios, so the bios set itselft to default value at the first boot.
At the exact same setting 47G wasn't able to start the system. It needed 1.400v (in bios) to be able to start up. At that moment, I was already thinking this one is going back to the store.
But what you know? This one has been running Orthos a little over an hour at much cooler temperature than its older brother, by close to 10C!!!

p.s. I briefly tried 3.6ghz with 1.4125v withough good result.

Yeah, I tested my chip at 3.4 today, at the same vcore as my 31A 1.4125 ... and my temps are down about 10*C also. Thats really weird considering I had an FM121 blowing air towards my tuniq and another one pulling air through it out the back. In the new computer, I only have the crappy stock fans with the TT Armor and the temps are still 10*C lower!

P.S. How the crap can you do 3.6 at 1.4125 with ur 47G that wont do 3.2 at 1.375? What board are u using and have u changed any NB or FSB volts?

New Updates ...

Check out these screen shots of the 46G...

Speed: 3.4 (378 x 9)
Set Vcore in Bios: 1.4125v
Vcore Readings in Bios: 1.392v
Vcore at 100% Load: 1.360v
Idle Temps: 25*C - 28*C
Load Temps: 41*C - 42*C
Test: Orthos Small FFTs (Priortiy 10) Stable for 10 Hrs

and...

Speed: 3.2 (400 x 8)
Set Vcore in Bios: 1.350v
Vcore Readings in Bios: 1.328v
Vcore at 100% Load: 1.304v
Idle Temps: 24*C - 25*C
Load Temps: 37*C - 39*C
Test: Orthos Small FFTs (Priortiy 10) Stable for 10 Hrs

Hopefully I can get this baby to work at 3.6 somehow.

Last edited:
Well, I just picked up another E6600 at a local Frys. They're having a combo deal on boxed E6600 with an ECS mobo for $229. It ends today.
I was quite shocked when the cashier handed me the box.
It's SL9ZL, L651B with 4/17/07 packed date.
The 47G I got yesterday has also been quite a shocker with much lower idle and loaded temperature. Both readings are around 10C lower than the A stepping I had in my system even though this G needs additional 0.0375V to be stable at 3.2Ghz.
I'll let you guys know how high and how cool this new B can run tomorrow.

Back