• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered some GT15's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TaCoSwInDeZ

After reading various reviews I decided to go ahead and order a couple of Gentle Tyhoon AP15's to replace the 2 1900 rpm slipstream fans in push/pull on my Megahalems cooler. I use a fan controller so I usually dial them to 1000-1100 rpms at max and leave them. They are nearly inaudible to me at this rpm but I don't think they move alot of air at this speed through the heatsink.

My temps are fine but I have decided to use the slipstreams for case ventilation instead since that is what they are more suited for.

In the future I might get a few more GT's for the radiator if I decide to eventually foray into the world of w/c'ing again.

Hope these fans live up to their reputation in my eyes...errr...ears hehe:p

I never had a Gentle Tyhoon before, but I read they're one of the beast fans out there.
I don't think I'd ever buy a Scythe fan again. I had a few slipstream fans, very low end plastic IMO
if I did buy a Scythe fan again is would be a Gentle Tyhoon. but I'm more of a delta fan TBH.

edit
but deltas are not for everyone by far.

Last edited:
I've kept mine on full blast for about a year now, if you are using other fans, just set them to match the sound from typhoons

Last edited:
lol that is nice voodoo. I actually thought about getting some ap29's since I use a fan controller on all my fans but for almost seven more dollars a fan I couldn't justify it.

On another note, does anyone happen to know if the aquacomputer airplex revolution will attach to the top of the switch 810?

Been kinda looking at another w/c loop and for the price and the performance that skinneelabs showed it can't be beat. Only downfall I can see is the use of metric hardware which isn't too big of a deal.

Back