• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just overclocked my sempron 140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaosmik

Hey lads! Just over-clocked my sempron 140. This is the first processor i over-clocked and it took me a while to get it to the point where i could actually use the computer. Anything above 270*13.5 wouldn't open the windows, it crashed in the logon screen, 260 would open but give me blue screen of death after a few minutes. Currently i'm running at 255 with no voltage alteration, and it seems to be stable. I have not run prime95 yet, so i'm not sure. Here's my validator http://valid.x86.fr/kum83j
My mobo is odd in the performance boost area, core voltage can only be increased by 3.3% and chipset voltage by 0.10. The chipset voltage and HT voltage i did not touch. (This is not actually my bios but an image taken from the mobo manual)
My NB frequency is now at 2554.0Mhz. I'd like someone to give me the parameters i should run the prime95 test.

Edit: There's also this options in the Advanced chipset features tab (this is actually an image of my bios)

Last edited:
Depending on your motherboard, many of these can unlock a 2nd core also, but after looking, I don't think that yours will. I actually like overclocking these semprons. I have 140's, 145's, and 150's.

Depending on your motherboard, many of these can unlock a 2nd core also, but after looking, I don't think that yours will. I actually like overclocking these semprons. I have 140's, 145's, and 150's.
Indeed. This mobo does not have the option to unlock cores.

Before you run Prime95, first download and install HWMonitor (non-pro version). Have it open while you run the "blend" mode stress tests with Prime95. Pay attention to two temp lines in HWMonitor: "core" temp (is now called "package" temp with the newer CPUs) and what we call "socket" temp which in HWMonitor may be called "CPU" temp or it may be disguised as one of the "TMPINx" temp lines. You don't want core temps to exceed 55-60c and you don't want socket temps to exceed 60-65c. If the socket temp line is not labeled as "CPU" and you want help figuring out which one of the TMPINx lines it probably is, post back with an attached pic of the HWMonitor interface after running Prime95 blend for 10 minutes.

To declare a CPU overclock stable we use the rule of thumb of being able to pass a 2 hr. PRime95 blend test with no workers dropping, out, no restarts or blue screens.

Back