• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've now dropped it back from 229 to 228 and I was running/testing with CPU/NB set to 1.1875v in BIOS.
Just an FYI with my 8350 PolRoger, I need 1.35 Cpu Nb V to run my ram 1866 or above.

I also went to Microcenter today, picked up a I5 3570k for someone and saw they had Sempy 145's for 9.99 so I had to. Hope this one doesn't die when I try unlocking it, though I will bench it on one core first, this time before hand. :D

Just an FYI with my 8350 PolRoger, I need 1.35 Cpu Nb V to run my ram 1866 or above.

I also went to Microcenter today, picked up a I5 3570k for someone and saw they had Sempy 145's for 9.99 so I had to. Hope this one doesn't die when I try unlocking it, though I will bench it on one core first, this time before hand. :D

Where did they find those? That's cheaper than Fleabay!

Well I've bumped CPU/NB up to 1.19375v in BIOS and the CHV is over-volting under load to ~1.230v/~1.245v.

I also went to Microcenter today, picked up a I5 3570k for someone and saw they had Sempy 145's for 9.99 so I had to. Hope this one doesn't die when I try unlocking it, though I will bench it on one core first, this time before hand.

Where did they find those? That's cheaper than Fleabay!
Re read! :D

I know where you got them but where in the h**l did they get them.

I know where you got them but where in the h**l did they get them.
Don't know and didn't care to ask at the time, I actually grabbed 3 of them but they would only give me the 9.99 on 1 so I put 2 back. The I5 3570k was a pretty good deal at $169.00 also.

Maybe AMD is dumping stock since the warranty period is up on most of them. What was the regular price?

$19.99

I also almost grabbed at Pentium G3258 for 59.99 but I decided not to, I grabbed a couple of 120gb SSD's for 49.99ea instead. Crack here get your crack. :)

Looks like I'ma stoppin' at da Mycro-centr own ma way home 2night. If'n they haven da same deal, i just might be grabbin' 3 or 4 and see'n if'n I can gets one of dem to unlock to TWO cores!

hehehehe

Alright... I've got the chip under custom water with a Coolgate 420 rad... I think the 5.0+ load temps were a little too aggressive for the capabilities of an H110. :) I'm now getting better cpu socket and load temps. :thup:

P1040140.JPG

A friend of mine has one of those 145's in his computer. He bought a whole bunch of stuff and ran out of money for his CPU (go fig) so I unlocked it and overclocked it.
I think its running close to 4Ghz (high 3's) but I cant remember the settings I used. he wanted more power so I told him I can do it but it'll probably kill it. I'm surprised its lasted this long with a stock cooler.

he doesent game much but he renders out a lot of video so it spends hours and hours at a time pegged...

Well I made it to MicroCenter. Didn't come home with another Sempron 145, but I did pick up an FX 4130 for $40. I'm going to see where she lands in the old silicon lottery and possibly turn it into my daily driver and push my 1090T into my benching rig. The 1090T isn't a great clocker, but I'm hoping with a little cold and a whole lotta juice it might wake up....or go to sleep. I guess we'll just have to see....

Did a little more (light) HWBOT Prime benching... I'm kind of thinking that ~5.6 is about the max for this sample with ~19C/20C ambient room temps.

I'm not really sure if colder temps will allow it to continue to scale or not. :shrug:

Maybe if we get a brief freezing cold snap here sometime this winter I can take it outside to bench.

FX-8370 HWBOT Prime 7050.82.PNG

FX-8370 HWBOT Prime 7062.31.PNG

Well I made it to MicroCenter. Didn't come home with another Sempron 145, but I did pick up an FX 4130 for $40. I'm going to see where she lands in the old silicon lottery and possibly turn it into my daily driver and push my 1090T into my benching rig. The 1090T isn't a great clocker, but I'm hoping with a little cold and a whole lotta juice it might wake up....or go to sleep. I guess we'll just have to see....

I got a 4170 from C_D and I can tell ya Blaylock those old bulldozers seem to need some real juice to get them humpin.

Did a little more (light) HWBOT Prime benching... I'm kind of thinking that ~5.6 is about the max for this sample with ~19C/20C ambient room temps.

I'm not really sure if colder temps will allow it to continue to scale or not. :shrug:

Maybe if we get a brief freezing cold snap here sometime this winter I can take it outside to bench.

Lookin good Rog :thup:

I'm not really sure if colder temps will allow it to continue to scale or not.

You will not know till you try, though I have had chips that I thought hit the wall. Getting them cold really helped getting them through it. My 8350 after a point will not take any more volts unless I get it colder.

Additionally: I can so see C/D driving this around. It's a 28 liter motor, which is right up his alley. That's 1700 CI C/D, dump some propane injection in that! :D

You will not know till you try, though I have had chips that I thought hit the wall. Getting them cold really helped getting them through it. My 8350 after a point will not take any more volts unless I get it colder.

Additionally: I can so see C/D driving this around. It's a 28 liter motor, which is right up his alley. That's 1700 CI C/D, dump some propane injection in that! :D

That was cool man. It kinda sucks right now I have to steal the links to watch vids. The COMPANY has sent through their latest updates yet and my player is out of date.

I thought so also and like I said I can so see Caddi tearing up his little town in that. All the townsfolk storming his home with pitchforks after. lol

Back