• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't comment about the stiffness of the tubing as I am running hard acrylic tube in this build, though I wouldn't recomend it. As far as the ek block follow their install instructions and it's an easy swap. Not sure how much value you will get out of monitoring your temps as once the loop hit equilibrium the temp should be the same all the way through your loop. Those temp sensors will probably restrict your flow more then the EK block, my thoughts only and have nothing to back that up mind you.

these temp sensors had 0 pertruding the inside of the g1/4" female fitting/threads.... seemed as if the fitting itself was to transfer temps through the cable..... as always jumping head first may not be cheapest but fastest way to learn...

the ek waterblock has been installed here for about 4 months.....

I believe the recommendation or info with the water block was "can be used with low or medium flow pumps"

Meh.

4.5Ghz and 1.32Vcore is a no go...
What's the safe Vcore for ivy?

1.4 Volts?

EDIT:
Naw forget 4.5Ghz.
1.35 Volts and it was stable enough to get into windows and open Chrome.

Also, the Vcore was 1.344 Volts, even with LLC set to extreme, looks like this board is the limiting factor.

I'll run 4.4 Ghz at the most.
VRM's were 50*C before the last BSOD...

Last edited:
these temp sensors had 0 pertruding the inside of the g1/4" female fitting/threads.... seemed as if the fitting itself was to transfer temps through the cable..... as always jumping head first may not be cheapest but fastest way to learn...

the ek waterblock has been installed here for about 4 months.....

I believe the recommendation or info with the water block was "can be used with low or medium flow pumps"

Yes I don't think it is very restricting, I can't remember if I took it apart or just seen some pics but the center of the block is pretty much just a tube for the water to flow. There is no proper inlet / outlet go speak of like a cpu. It does its job and I am happy with it. I figure keeping the VRM and socket cooler is a good thing.

I've all to often heard "you know the people from * aren't irish, they aren't irish scotish mix either, its a lie"............ I all too willing reply " I just wish I knew where this large amount of spontaneous sarcasm appeared from"
lol........
jking.

AS you say B_N...

I figure keeping the VRM and socket cooler is a good thing. << when you close that 8 core 4.9Ghz heater up in a case and then use it like a computer...I doubt that there is anything wrong with the idea to water cool the VRMs and NB. Plus you are not running 'cold' water thru your cpu cooler.

I have always felt like cooling the VRMs and NB would be a good idea when everything is buttoned up inside a case. When I put this mediocre FX-8350 inside a case with vintage C-type cpu cooler, the VRMs have overflow air from the C-type cooler but what the heck kind of air is it? HOT air from the cpu. I imagine if the VRMs and NB were cooled with cold air or water...the cpu would perform much better. But if I water cool the VRMs might a well w/c the cpu too. So I have compromised at 4.6Ghz with full on stability on all air. Surely would like my 4.8Ghz back though. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

although pidgeons are not native to this area, just like you and me the eagle does fly eat and ****.........

lol.......

thanks for putting up with me!
:screwy:

Picture 35.jpg

Picture 34.jpg

now what the h**l was it I had planned for this thing, replace the single 120mm nb/vrm radiator?

6 hours later, after a motherboard short causing only a single memory stick to run, wires in the gpu fan and installing the wrong g1/4" fittings in the radiator causing leaks, it seems to be back running.....

Picture 36.jpg

my cousin stops in, "you know technology is supposed to make things smaller, more compact"
lol.....

pump is listed at 500 liters and hour
my g1/4" compression fittings were not fitting in the radiator correct and causing a leak...

6 hours later, after a motherboard short causing only a single memory stick to run, wires in the gpu fan and installing the wrong g1/4" fittings in the radiator causing leaks, it seems to be back running.....

View attachment 157721

my cousin stops in, "you know technology is supposed to make things smaller, more compact"
lol.....

pump is listed at 500 liters and hour
my g1/4" compression fittings were not fitting in the radiator correct and causing a leak...

Man you better be glad the building 'warden' did not come in while that was all going on. Hehehe.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
RGone...ster.

For some reason looking at your contraption this popped in my head. Maybe it's the season, maybe not.

Merry Christmas!

Man you better be glad the building 'warden' did not come in while that was all going on. Hehehe.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
RGone...ster.

Merry Christmas RGone..

As of last night I did hear that some of the locals were on television...

I would probably get charged $$'s again for each fitting! LoL

For some reason looking at your contraption this popped in my head. Maybe it's the season, maybe not.

Merry Christmas!

LoL.....
very funny.....
talk about a simple complication...
Merry Christmas Blaylock

I did learn how to take all air out of the system today..... using new fittings to separate the reservoir and pump proved handy..

was going to put the left over single 120mm on the phenom2 and the koolance 380, add it to the already single 120mm.....
seem to be missing a way to add water to the loop....
also thought I could occupy some time learning custom case mod the phenom2 is in...
in need more fans again!

Merry Christmas!
:):)

Merry Christmas everyone ....... HOHOHO

Santa.jpg

Caught in the act...... Santa hard at work.

Last edited:
Hope everyone is having a great Holiday.
Merry Christmas everyone
Johan22.5

That's always nice. Though sometimes I have to ask myself when it is enough ....... honestly I can never answer that question. I don't know if that is a problem or not.

Just working on my A10 rig ...... I need a bit more cooling in it this small 240 rad is just not quite up to the task though my scores for the competition have improved not sure if I can catch the top of the class yet though getting allot closer.

That's always nice. Though sometimes I have to ask myself when it is enough ....... honestly I can never answer that question. I don't know if that is a problem or not.
:shrug: :D

Just working on my A10 rig ...... I need a bit more cooling in it this small 240 rad is just not quite up to the task though my scores for the competition have improved not sure if I can catch the top of the class yet though getting allot closer.
What temps are you seeing, I remember when I had my hands on my pops A10-7850k it didn't like anything above 60c.

Temps in what .... HWMonitor shows 80*C+ package and that's prime stable 4,6GHZ @ around 1.48v with LLC at High ...... but the Asus AI Suite shows something like 30 or 40*C headroom left if I am understand everything I read about it. Or if that is wrong then AI Suite is telling me the temps are sub 50*C.

AMD has really switched up things ...... or is it ASUS with the MB Bios is really different from what we are used to seeing on our CHV or Sabertooth boards though I think I have worked my way into understanding it better today. Tomorrow is the big dinner and the rest of the inlaws will all be here so not sure if I can work on it tomorrow. We'll see.

Back