• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Putzen Round

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol. Have you been following the stickies? I'd offer some advice but I don't own an Intel besides my wife's laptop, and that's off limits.

:thup:

So! What do you get when you mix an overclocking n00b and a 3570K?
Boatloads of WHEA errors.
Really SP? It's not like there are a lot of knobs to turn on an Ivy Bridge, it's likely either you need move volts or the board just can't supply enough clean voltage?

Really SP? It's not like there are a lot of knobs to turn on an Ivy Bridge, it's likely either you need move volts or the board just can't supply enough clean voltage?

I really don't know what's going on...
I'm making a thread on it soon.

I set it to 4.5Ghz, and fed it 1.4 Vcore and still was in WHEA city :(

At 4.4 you're where? Temps, voltage, how long have you stressed?

1.32 Vcore, then I tried 1.36 Vcore Temps during stressing where high 80's and I stressed for ~3 hours.
Last night I just stressed again:
4.3 Ghz, 1.26 Vcore stressed P95 blend for 8 hours - it passed, temps where 80*C MAX but I still got a few WHEA errors. :-/

See my thread about it if you need more details. :)

I'm thinking it could be my weak VRM section on my mobo....

1.32 Vcore, then I tried 1.36 Vcore Temps during stressing where high 80's and I stressed for ~3 hours.
Last night I just stressed again:
4.3 Ghz, 1.26 Vcore stressed P95 blend for 8 hours - it passed, temps where 80*C MAX but I still got a few WHEA errors. :-/

See my thread about it if you need more details. :)

I'm thinking it could be my weak VRM section on my mobo....
Replied on that thread.

seems quiet in here.
no one experimenting?

I just get another desktop, owner had no use....
I had put the leftover sapphire 5770 and Kingston 2133mhz 2 x 2 gb kit a year ago in it....
owner dropped off because purchased a new all-in-one windows 8.1 whatever machine.....

has an Athlon x2 2400 in it! 2 thumbs up....
that's the third machine just left here in about 2 months, I have basically no use for...
was thinking a 4 port network card to install in one of the 2 backup desktops to configure a kind of personal router.

cousin who retired from running cad has spent hours researching intel build including purchasing one put together and stabilized 4790 @ 4.8ghz.....
seemed to me, although I am not certain, some definite problem there..
he seems stuck on how to build and configure an actual 64 bit system. question such as dvd and memory card reader how to get 64 bit?
then says too much money while the whole time hes attempting max out CAD capability....
finally he mentions his "coupons" expire on the 5th...... lol....

I myself would enjoy even a decent desktop comparison running CAD compared to his 3000 dell laptop previously provided from his job!
as just a guess I would pick 1/4 time elapse on same CAD test.... just a guess.....

Last but not least, and most important, anyone attempt NVidia vision2 kit with amd graphics and asus 144hz monitor...?
my monitor has display port, hdmi, and dual dvi link interface...

temps outdoors recorded on -10f this morning and predicted -16f tomorrow.....
condensation has me second guessing myself as attempting outdoor water!
I'll post pics definitely if...

Trust it was a great year and also end to it!

Last but not least ??'s .....

given example A:

an old Compaq onboard video Sempron 3400+ machine preloaded with windows 32 bit xp with original 1.5 gb occupying all 4 memory slots ddr1 400 mhz.....

already accomplished memory upgrade to ddr1 4 gb 400 MHz 1 x 4 sticks and windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

example B:

continue refurbishing installing this x2 and the sapphire 5770 graphics card.....

:
machine used for email, office, news, weather, and basic photo transfer......

would you attempt switching out the cpu or adding the graphics upgrade first....?
let the user do their normal use inbetween the 2 upgrades.

Unsafesteagle, is it a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 BE-2400 Socket AM2? If so maybe I could offer you something for it.

Here's what I've been up to. A make shift condensation catcher. Just a piece of Sham-Wow. This board was conformaled before I took ownership, but I don't want to rely on that.

20141229_141154.jpg

20141231_160537.jpg

Last edited:
Here's what I've been up to. A make shift condensation catcher. Just a piece of Sham-Wow. This board was conformaled before I took ownership, but I don't want to rely on that.

View attachment 158085

View attachment 158086
I'm out at the falls blaylock or I'd post a couple pics of my set up. I use a block of closed cell foam that I carved out to fit tight under and around the edges of the block fitting tight to the board when the block is tightened. I know there's a pic way back in this thread near page 20ish. The water will form on the bottom of the block and run right down the CPU into the socket. Believe me I've learned from experience.

Unsafesteagle, is it a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 BE-2400 Socket AM2? If so maybe I could offer you something for it.

Blaylock!

I cannot find BE written on the cpu itself anywhere.......
I am however reading "steppings" off the cpu itself from removing the heatsink...

adx2400ck23gq

I did some comparisons amd.com ........ I only see unlisted voltages as a difference on the comparison page.....

after recycling a lot, or at least alittle seems a lot over the years to myself, hardware this type of situation..... myself I do regret even mentioning asking questions without shipping out to "x" such parts..... local friends seem to complain often keeping me from deciding to help or even attempt..... sometimes days even weeks later.....

I'm out at the falls blaylock or I'd post a couple pics of my set up. I use a block of closed cell foam that I carved out to fit tight under and around the edges of the block fitting tight to the board when the block is tightened. I know there's a pic way back in this thread near page 20ish. The water will form on the bottom of the block and run right down the CPU into the socket. Believe me I've learned from experience.

thanks you blaylock and johan for posting condensation preventive attempts....

johan, after using phase change about 4 years ago myself, attempt at finding liquid water insulation has shown me the different types of those pads included with a shipped phase change cooler......

I actually still have a cpu socket one here unused.....
tracking down new ones seemed elusive .....

I am certain you men have removed built up corrosion from the motherboard itself or at least attempted at some point......
interest to myself, learning such attempts....<-------

also I myself would believe dielectric grease would be more than effective except in heat trapping pockets.....!

Back