• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just recieved my 0319 1700+ from SVC, and Wow the OPGA of the chip looks different???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zork

Just recieved my 0319 1700+ from SVC, and Wow the OPGA of the chip looks different???

I was just wondering if anyone else who has recieved one of these has noticed this, this is my fourth 1700+ JIUGH and the OPGA package on the top looks somewhat different. To begin with the green part of the cpu looks almost like it has either one less or one more layer, the cpus trace marks are raised, and the bridges are alot longer. Something else that I noticed is that the chip has one less transister (well the brown square things that surround the chip, this 0319 doesnt have the one at the bottom which is normally right above the black square where the cpu's markings are??? And one last difference is that all my other 1700+ have had "ASSEMBLED IN MALAYSIA" in big letters right above the black box that has the cpu's markings on it, this one has it in real small letters along the right side of the chip??? Has anyone else discovered this with there 0319 B's??? Unfortunatly my 8rda+ has crapped out on me and havent decided on a new mobo yet, so I can not test it, but im hoping for the best??? Any input on the subject will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the links, had all the info I was asking about. Hmm I wonder if it has anything to do with most people (if not everyones) success with these chips.

Thanks again for the links and the quick response...

Back