• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7D Master + T-bred xp2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tad_Williams

I have a quick question relating to this setup. (Please forgive me if I am naive ;)) After I do the L5 bride mods to both CPUs, am I good to go since the bios (1.5) supports MP2400+/MP2600+ chips already (or do I need a multiplier mod)? I am not interested in overclocking, just the stock speed of 2000 (133 x 15) on my XP2400+.

It was stated in the HardwareZone.com article that "MSI's K7D Master had no problems working with BIOS version 1.3 and 1.4B3. Newer BIOS versions somehow did not allow us to run the processors in dual mode even though the processors have already been physically modified."

It appears that some of you run bios version 1.5+ on this forum with no problem and was curious as to what was meant in the article.

Thanks for your time and patience with this smp noob (and thanks for the great forum):p,
Tad Williams

Ok, not to sure what exactly is meant from the hardwarezone deal or whatever.
I cant say for sure personally, but if the board supports those CPU's then you shouldnt have to do any modding other then the L5 mod.
Just dont mess with the multi, i.e. leave it on auto, and it should work fine.

Ok, re-reading that.... That sounds kinda off IMO. Id give it a shot anyways and if you have too, just flash to an older bios.

No problems here I tried all the bios and on 1.82 now and still runs find sometimes when you in bios and you change you FSB,multi settings you have to boot twice....maybe that was the problem

Miknow said:
No problems here I tried all the bios and on 1.82 now and still runs find sometimes when you in bios and you change you FSB,multi settings you have to boot twice....maybe that was the problem

I've always had to boot twice to get multiplier settings to take, for some reason. Others work on the first try though.

Some other quirks about my board have been it's never been able to hold BIOS settings if you cut the power (battery circuit seems to be broken), and my chips always boot up at 1.85 default voltage.

Back