• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8N Neo 4 issue with NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

I built this system back around 2007 and is loaded with XP Pro and is currently reserved for any Win 98 programs I have.

Before I built my current rig, this one had the NB fan issue and I was looking to replace it but built a fresh PC. Fast-forward awhile and an occasional use with no issues I tried to start it up but it shut down after about 3 min.

I reboted and it ran for about 2 min then it would no longer go past the Windows XP screen. I thought it was the graphics card (PNY 8800) and I noticed the NB fan not turning.

I could turn it by hand and when I did it started to slowly turn and eventually get up to speed. Could I have burned something up by not having the fan run for about 5 minutes or maybe longer? With the fan running now and an all night cool down it still wont fully load or boot up.

Another thing I tried was repairing XP and it wouldn't recognize a HD at first and then it finally did but as a 3rd Master not Primary but still pluggged into the top SATA port.

From the tale, it sounds like you have needed a NB fan for a few years now. Cooling the NB may well make board usable again.

The NB fan is spinning and appears to be at full speed. Not sure how fast it needs to spin but it's moving pretty good. Still won't start up but wouldn't hurt to change the fan.

Back