• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep getting BSOD's!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I was only using 1.25 vcore. But my LLC was +5. The temps on this chip are always high. Even just idle it will jump up to 65c for no reason for a second. Think I will just raise the OC back to 4.8 and the vcore to 1.9-2.5 for stability and use LLC to keep it stable. If it dies, I still have 1 1/2 yrs to exchange the chip.

Well I was only using 1.25 vcore. But my LLC was +5. The temps on this chip are always high. Even just idle it will jump up to 65c for no reason for a second. Think I will just raise the OC back to 4.8 and the vcore to 1.9-2.5 for stability and use LLC to keep it stable. If it dies, I still have 1 1/2 yrs to exchange the chip.

That is what I would do. I don't delid so I retain my 3 year warranty. With my luck I would have a processor go bad.:eek:

And you are a prime candidate for delidding because you definitely are temp limited and not voltage limited in your overclock.

When I can get an extra $300 in my pocket I will delid. That way if it dies I can afford another one and won't be pc'less for a month or two.

Back