• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeping my keyboard clean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MiNdWaRp

Anyone have some tips to keep keep my new keyboard clean? The last one I had got really nasty.

1. Don't eat while on the computer

Yes, a can of compressed air is the best way to go. I am strict about where I eat around my house, and food/drink doesn't go anywhere near the computer. (I have exploded a previouss computer with a single moment of thirst... :( ) It is good to make sure the can of air has a long nozzle, or a straw works well. Just make sure you have the ability to get under those keys.

i think keyboards are nowadaysdesigned in a way that you can spill, drop, etc. stuff on them and still have hope for funcionality. I probably have enough crumbs in mine to make a sandwich.

Your mileage may vary, but this is how I keep mine clean:
IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

edit: because I can't spell

Last edited:
black keyboards are a ***** to clean :(, dust all over it. can of compressed air can get expensive sometimes, i know coz i use it to clean my R/C too. might as well get a small air compressor, it will help save some money in the long run.

Don't eat or drink over them, and certianly don't let your friends do it either :D

Regardless of your attempts to keep it clean though, remove all the keys at least every 6 months and give them a nice bath in some hot soapy water. Take a stiff brush to the rest of the keyboard (provided the keyswitches have something around them so they don't get brushed into oblivion) to remove anything else that may be lurking.

JigPu

Back