• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeping your room cool. Please post suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Phrenetical said:
seriously, if you wanna keep your room cool, use flat screen monitors, not crt, your pc will exhaust a llot of heat granted, i have two comps in my room, more sometimes, and it gets hot in here in summer, i took my crt monitors out with a brick and got cheap flat panels, room is so much cooler. Seriously try it, not the brick thing, but flat screens.

I like my CRT because it has better refresh rates than an LCD, and a 19" CRT doesnt cost $600.

If I can convince my mom, I'll probably do the aluminum thing, but she doesn't want to because its the only window facing the street and it will look "tacky". pfft...

well i had the same problem as you..but with light not heat..i put a big thick blanket on my window...it does help with the temps a bit. but i have my AC cranked superlow so it doesnt matter...the CRTs do put out ALOT of heat...but i love my CRT too so forget that, go with the flouresent bulbs and isnt their a type of spray paint (black) you can buy for windows..? that would keep the heat out..might not look as tacky as aluminum foil and you dont need to blind your neighboors while your at it.

yeah but wouldnt the black paint absorb heat? also, we just got new windows put in last week so i doubt that would be an option. right now its really nice outside so i just have the window open, but ive gota come up with something cuz soon it will be in the 90s every day :cry:

Back