• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kernel Power 41, task 63 error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cizar

Registered
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. The issue I am having is random restarts, the odd time there is a blue screen of death with usually states Memory Management, but most of the time, up to 3 or 4 times a day, my comp resets itself. When I check the event viewer, it always says Kernel Power 41, task 63.

I have my CPU overclocked, everything is stable under multiple tests of prime95 and other programs. My ram I have tested for 24 hours, no errors. Video card drivers are up to date, etc, etc.

I am looking for some help really, any suggestions? I am at a point where I am thinking it is the Power Supply and am looking at buying a new one, but I want to make sure that is the issue.

(psoted this in the hardware forums but no luck)

Thanks

If you want to post the dump file, we can take a look at it for you. And I deleted the duplicate thread you started in the General Hardware forum.

Never made one before, do you have some instructions of how to do this?

thanks.

The *.dmp file is located in the %systemroot%\Minidump directory. Upload the file to the forums server, and attach it to your next post.

Okay, sorry for taking days to reply to this. I thought it was fixed, but now it is back. I cannot for the life of me locate this dump file though. Do I need to create one some how?

This is what I am getting on my event viewer.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2013-01-16T00:56:13.584010700Z

EventRecordID 345515

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer ScottBilleck-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 278
BugcheckParameter1 0xfffffa800d8a8120
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff8800700dadc
BugcheckParameter3 0xffffffffc000009a
BugcheckParameter4 0x4
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Yeah, searched for it, it isn't there. I know I have seen it before, but it doesn't show up anymore. Tried unhiding files, etc, nothing. There is a folder entitled minidump with a little lock pic on the bottom but there is nothing in that folder.

Yeah, the admin said he did that a while ago. I didn't create a new one. Back to the original point. I have changed the setting in advance system settings, startup and recovery to create a small dump file. I will wait now until the reset/bsod happens and then post it.

Back