• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance Systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last edited:
And of the access to ports at the back?

Additionally. Interms of the cooling system itself, is it controlled by the CPU fan output from my motherboard? If so then why would a fan controller be necessary?

Truthfully, I wouldn't mount it off the back - I'd try to fit it to the top of the case (those are 2x 120mm holes up there, aren't they?). :)

For the PSU 400W is probably pushing it but not because of the loop. An OC'ed Phenom II X4 along with that video card is getting tight. But the Corsair will deliver every bit of power as advertised and it should be good power, too, not full of ripples, so you should be OK. I wouldn't plan on anther video card without another PSU, though ...

QuietIce - you're a star. You have me convinced - could you just answer the noob question on the fan controller though.

Does the CPU fan output from my motherboard not control the radiator fan speeds? Why do I need a fan controller?

I never plug anything into the motherboard that I don't have to! ;) That's just me, I don't do quiet, but I still wouldn't plug two fans into the motherboard header. The Yate Loons are louder fans but pretty cheap (and still good fans) so a lot of people buy them and a fan controller instead of the more expensive quiet fans available. If you get the Scythe Gentle Typhoons I linked (or the next speed down if you're really picky about noise and will give up some cooling for it) then you won't need a fan controller or the motherboard header ...

Alright so...

3 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 120 mm Silent Case Fan
1 x Swiftech H20-220-APEX ULTIMA CPU Liquid Cooling Kit

Can anyone provide links to the additional bits I will need to ensure it fits my AMD Phenom II x 4 and XFX Radeon HD 5770?

oh ok frozencpu.com is the only place that carries the 5770's water blocks! and guess what i ordered the same kit as you but i have 2 5770's so i ordered 2 water blocks and another raid with my amd 965 =]

Alright so...

Can anyone provide links to the additional bits I will need to ensure it fits my AMD Phenom II x 4 and XFX Radeon HD 5770?
I'm not sure about the 5770 and what might be needed so the MCW60 will fit on it. The XT CPU block should have the AMD plate with it.

You might e-mail Sidewinder's - they can probably help ... ;)

Alright so...

1 x EK Waterblocks EK-FC5770 - Acetal / Copper

Right, is there anything else I need?

Scythe KM03-BK KAZE km03-bk 1 39.95
MASTER PRO 5.25in. 6-
Channel Fan Controller -
Black
Danger Den Delrin delrinfillport 1 12.95 Choose your
Fitting = 1/2in. ID
Fillport barb
Bitspower Shining Silver BP-WTP-C31 1 7.95
Sealing Plug for 1/2in.
ID Tubing #BP-WTP-C31
Bitspower Shining Silver BP-LRI 1 9.95
Rotary 90 Fitting #BP-LRI
- G 1/4 Threads
Bitspower 3/8in. BP-CPF-CC2 4 4.95
Compression Fittings for
1/2in. OD Tubing
Herbie ClipR Nylon Hose herbief 20 0.20
Clamp Size F - Black
Bitspower BP-FMB Silver BP-FMB 1 9.95
Shining Q Plus-Block
Inline Temperature Sensor 53066 1 12.95
For aquaero, aquastream
XT
Feser Stop Fitting 4-Pack Feser-1499 2 8.25
G 1/4 #1499
Bitspower G 1/4 Silver BP-SDWP-C08 1 3.25
Diamond Dual G 1/4
Fitting
Subtotal 137.25
Shipping 8.90
Tax 0.00
Total 146.15

but what i really got was 6 channel controller so i can controll everything on the rads

fill port
drain port
elbow for the video card
temp sensor for the coolent!
a 5 way connector so i can do the fill and drain port and a temp sensor also
so keep in mind this is extra stuff you might need but not really needed,

I'm not sure an MCR-220 is enough to run a CPU and full-coverage video block. I had assumed only the CPU and GPU (not incl. video memory) would be in the loop. What do you guys think ...???

if he's only doing one video card i think he will be fine with a good fan setup up depends if he's overclocking he didnt say anything about that

Back