• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

l/c: What's the oldest component in your main desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Most likely one of the resistors on the PMIC board - it was recycled out of an early 90s era CRT TV.

Counting only entire assemblies, it would either be the front panel card reader or a TV card that I hacked into a DAQ card. (RF front end removed and replaced with BNC going into ADC.)

I was expecting more LGA775 motherboards because of the LGA771 mod that lets them run Xeons.

All my decade-old NEC ND2500A DVD burners still work, but I've had 3 BenQ/Acer/Philips optical drives fail.

Remember Rocket Board keyboards? They were given out free, in hopes of making money when users pressed special orange buttons that represented sponsors, only that required installing driver software, which nobody did. Some of the worst keyboards ever, even compared to BTC -- inconsistent feel among keys, wide keys have to be pressed int he center because they have no equalizer rods under them.

my main rig still has an old sound blaster audigy pci card im guessing its release date was pre 2006 iirc, the oldest driver update was in 09 for it currently.

I was expecting more LGA775 motherboards because of the LGA771 mod that lets them run Xeons.
i do have one of these chips i modded, just dont have a board to test it out that has a released modded bios i can find and too lazy to do it myself will probably end up selling it lol

The motherboard and cpu , Core 2 duo and and one of the really early lga 775 asus boards, everything else is relatively new, getting a new mobo cpu and ram in a couple months

Back