• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lamptron CW611 and a fan hub

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProgramGuy

Hi Guys,

I just acquired a Lamptron CW611 fan controller and I'm looking for fan hub that will integrate with it. I have 2 480 rads in push pull and I want each rad on its own channel of the Lamptron. Does anyone have any experience on which fan hub would work when running Corsiar SP120 high performance fans? How is it hooked up from the Lamptron to the fan hub? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Could always get a small case with power supply, install multiple fan controllers into that, and control the fans from those controllers.
Having a single point of failure, is something that is usually avoided.

Actually planning on something similar with a spare Deepcool tesseract, building it into an electronics bench test power supply, and fan PSU.

This controller is capable of 36W per channel with 6 channels. The SP120's only consume 0.18 amps which relates to only 1.44W per fan. Times this by 8 fans per channel which is only 11.52W and well within its capability. I can run both of these rads fans on 1 channel each without any worries of exceeding its maximum range. Why is this such a bad idea? Why do you think that I need multiple controllers to run these fans.

Im my opinion, just in case something goes awry.
What happens if the single controller goes out?
If you have a dual controller setup, and one controller dies, you can temporarily switch all to one controller, while you replace the one that died. *hoping the second doesn't die in that short time as well lol*

Last edited:
Then this begs the question as to how much redundancy do you need in the system? I don't want to control each fan on each rad separately. I want all the fans on each rad to operate at the same speed, hence enter the Lamptron. What I need is some kind of a splitter setup that will allow me to branch off the Lamptron to go to each fan.

In a perfect world, I would like to find some kind of "fan hub" that I can use that would help with the cable management. Using the 3-pin splitters would definately be a wiring nightmare and not very conducive to a clean build. I'm putting all this in a Core X9 case and I have plenty of room.

I like the SilverStone CPF04 as it can branch out to 8 fans. The question is how to hook this up to the Lamptron. The Lamptron has a 3-pin cable output, would it be possible to "back feed" power by getting a SATA to 3-pin cable and hooking it up that way?

O.O do those exist?

As you stated, in a perfect world you want the hub lol.

You could always get 3-pin fan extension cables, sleeve them into one cable, and route somewhere till they get to the radiator......*note, I have no idea what your system looks like, just spitballing ideas lol*

I REALLY should be studying for a midterm at the moment, but my brain is total mush

Back