• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN Party Gaming!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New video from this past weekend's mini-LAN we had. We are now working on a budget build to add another girl to the fray too. Fun stuff.

One of our LAN party crew members made a video from our spring LAN party which happened recently. I'm working on my own video from that party, but check his out in the meantime!

Awesome! I really miss LAN parties a lot. Some old friends of mine and I have been trying to get one going but mostly we just end up doing tabletop gaming or D&D anymore. That's still a lot of fun for the social aspect but I really miss local computer LAN party gaming, with pizza and beer into the late hours of the night.

Hopefully the remastered version of Starcraft coming up will convince my old group to have a ten year reunion LAN party and get them back into the routine.

Awesome! I really miss LAN parties a lot. Some old friends of mine and I have been trying to get one going but mostly we just end up doing tabletop gaming or D&D anymore. That's still a lot of fun for the social aspect but I really miss local computer LAN party gaming, with pizza and beer into the late hours of the night.

Hopefully the remastered version of Starcraft coming up will convince my old group to have a ten year reunion LAN party and get them back into the routine.

Good luck and hopefully that happens!

I miss LAN parties too! A few members here would meet up in Andover MA one weekend a year which would be a blast. A senior member would be gracious enough to allow me and another member to spend the weekend in the spare bedrooms in his home so we wouldn't have to shell out for hotel rooms. Those were some great times that won't be repeated :(

I remember my first BIG lan, somewhere around 98. About 150+ people. I won a Quake DM tourney and got a Orchid Righteous 3D but I already had a V2 so I sold it to a friend who was still on software. One of the best was a few years later, me and 3 friends drove from Atl to Jacksonville for the Armory Assault lan, about 250+ ppl. In those days it was as much about file ravaging as it was gaming. That was 3 long days of hot, sweaty, lan party heaven. Always wanted to make it to Quakecon but by the time I could their games had gone to crap and the lan scene here completely died since no one needed to drag their machines around with them anymore. We've had a few Intel LanFests here but even their turnouts have slowly dwindled to nothing and died out. Been years since I've been to a big lan and Dreamhack is here in July... contemplating building an portable rig I could temporarily transplant my ram and video into. Hauling the Predator would be a PITA as it is.

I miss LAN parties too! A few members here would meet up in Andover MA one weekend a year which would be a blast. A senior member would be gracious enough to allow me and another member to spend the weekend in the spare bedrooms in his home so we wouldn't have to shell out for hotel rooms. Those were some great times that won't be repeated :(
I remember that as well, me and a couple buddies went to that one time. We were the guys in the back room. Definitely a lot of fun, I miss those days!

We had our Summer LAN Party of 2017 this past saturday, good times. We managed to sorta figure out the streaming situation utilizing the new NDI plugin for OBS. Not everyone participated in streaming their screen, and in my hurry i didn't scale people's screen correctly which caused a bit of a laggy situation, but overall it worked well. The first hour of the stream was skippy tho, cuz one of the PCs on the network was patching 35gb for DOOM. Blah. Anyways, check out the vids!

VLOG:

The stream:

to change scenes automatically, i found a program that records my keypresses and can be set on an interval once the keypresses are played back. I had it play the keypresses back continuously with the next one every 3 mins. It was neato.

We had our fall LAN party this past saturday. Was good times, a little smaller turnout.

Got a new LAN party vid up....of an old LAN party. Fun stuff though, hoping to get this year's spring LAN party scheduled soon

Hey all. We streamed our Spring 2018 LAN Party this past saturday. Did my best with setting up OBS NDI on multiple PCs for multiple in -> single out stream to our YT and Twitch...but still had issues/made mistakes lol. I'll get it tuned better eventually! Start it about 2:25:00 cuz thats about when we really got into the swing of things (started the stream while people were still arriving and setting up). A cooler highlight video will be coming soon!

I did not know people still used green and blue and UV lights in their PCs. I thought that died out and everyone moved to white lights or darker colors like red.
Its neat to see people still use them.

Hey man, you hook me up with a room for a week and I'll be the designated grill master. It looks like you guys need one bad. LOL

Hey man, you hook me up with a room for a week and I'll be the designated grill master. It looks like you guys need one bad. LOL

Heh, well its usually me on the grill too but I was running around doing other hosting duties (and bringing a propane refill). Tasked my little brother with it and uh...thats what we got lol.

the last few years i had a bi montly lan that stopped like a year ago :\ everyone only wanted to ever play league of legends which isnt horrible but i got burnt out on it and no one ever wanted to play shooters because they "belong on colsoles" aka they didnt want to get their butts kicked. lol.

Hah! WHAT? UT and CS are absolute staples of Lanning.

Thanks for bumping the thread, Grey! You just reminded me to post about our recent Summer LAN Party

Hah! WHAT? UT and CS are absolute staples of Lanning.

Par for the course these days sadly, has been for a while (at least back as far as my last year of college.) Last big LAN - maybe ~5 1/2 years ago now - LoL was running on at least 2/3rds of the machines with most of the prizes and projector/announcer time dedicated to it. Someone had started a local Minecraft server and that took up another ~20%. Closest thing there was to traditional LAN gaming was a few of us ran through a couple matches of Killing Floor. Gone are my "good ol' days" of LANning with BF2, CS, and Liero.

Back