• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Lan PC GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorockstar84

Hi guys, i'm back with a question. I'm currently building another PC (smaller than my actual one which is in a Full Tower. So: Pain in the a** to move) for lan party. I went with small form factor:

-MSI FM2-A75MA-P33
-AMD Athlon X4 750K
-Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX case

Now what left is the PSU, GPU and a hard drive that i will choose after the two firsts. The cheaper Newegg's have on their website is a Seagate Barracuda 500G at 50$ atm. Oh and my budget is going around 500$ for the parts i ask. So what should i choose for GPU mainly. I'm looking for a card that is not necessary running crysis 3 at ultra, but let say half of the game oh next year at 60Hz on 1080p. I am not playing all the big games, let's say i won't be much playing BF4, but probably Watch dogs, GTA V and planetary annihilation. It's not a big deal if my computer cannot run them at max. Anyways i have my other computer that can run them all. I'm not sure if i want to spend the whole 500 on those three components so maybe give three choices of GPU (the best i could get, the middle and lowest that would still do what i'm asking it to).

Thank you for taking time to answer me. :thup:

PS: Maybe suggest what PSU i should get ;)

Edit: full build:

-MSI FM2-A75MA-P33
-AMD Athlon X4 750K
-Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX case
-Mushkin Enhanced 8GB DDR3 1600
-1080p 60Hz screen

Last edited:
I'd grab a GTX 770 or + Corsair 600 watt PSU. That should total around $400 if you can get them on sale at Newegg.

You may see a bit of a processor bottleneck if you do not overclock.

Last edited:
Great, i'll try for an aftermarket cooling then. Thanks

Edit: Isn't the 770 a bit overkill? Or what could i get less with still good performance on the AMD side? (I would like a cheaper card. With the aftermarket cooling i found (Enermax ETS-T40-TB) + the HDD it goes over the 500). My first choice before posting here was in the R7 series from AMD and if i remember right in the nVidia side i was around the 650 Ti.

Last edited:
If you wait for Newegg sales, you should be able to pick up a 770 for ~$350, and a 600 watt Corsair PSU for ~$50.

An R9 280x would also be a good option. Both of those cards will run newer games at high or max settings fluidly.

If you'd rather save some cash, I suggest either a GTX 760 ($250 - $320) or R7 270x (~$200).

Ok good, because at the moment:

-CORSAIR CXM series CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply : 74.99
-Enermax ETS-T40-TB : 35.99
-Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 : 49.99$
-Shipping: 9.82$
-MSI N770-2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 (the less expensive): 329.99$
-Shipping: 12.85$

Back