• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laser cut Case window ?? help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bouklah23

Disabled
Hello,
I got a link off of here about a week ago to a place in chicago that does laser cutting onto windows... i cant find the link and i want to order a window. They had some pretty badass looking windows like a skeleton and i believe one was also called "Fire and Ice" Id really like to find them since they are local and I want to get one done asap.. please post the link if you know what im talking about. Thanks

Yeah i think his user name is Thunder64... and his stuff is amazing! He did Captain Slugs, Bomberman LAN case and also his own flying/ Flamming Skull and they are 100x better than the ones i have seen done commercaily PM him for details

Dooh! Thanks Captain! I was reading the post after work so the grey matter was fried

I dont know Capt'n he did say Laser Cutting... and the laser machines can CUT plexi...
But he should send it to me if he wants it done RIGHT!!! lol

Charlie

64Thunderbolt said:
I dont know Capt'n he did say Laser Cutting... and the laser machines can CUT plexi...
But he should send it to me if he wants it done RIGHT!!! lol

Charlie

I find the water jet cuts much more appealing, because you don't get that little "dot" (for lack of a better term), at the corners.

yea, the water jet does leave a nice smooth cut at the slower speeds, I cut some 2" glass the other day and the edges were so smooth you could run your wrist across it and not cut yourself.. well, I used my finger not my wrist....

Cheers
Charlie

DaveSauce said:
HOLY **** THOSE ARE ETCHINGS?!?!?!?!?

Thats insanity.......:drool:
Yesiree. Companies that do professional signage use these machine for all kinds of stuff. You end up with a professionally done etching that visually looks almost indentical to acid-etched crystal or glass.
They also look quite spooky when lit...

Laser CUTTING is costly (largely due to the enormous amount of electricity involved) when compared to waterjet and it's best used for metals only. It often produces bubbly or charred edges if done improperly with plastics. Laser cutting is however better for thin sheets of metal (namely titanium).

Back