• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

last time able to use serial for XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you talking about getting a new serial by phone or your origional serial #? I think your serial is good for 3 times then you just have to call MS ( toll free #) to reassign a new serial for free. They ask you if you are using this # for any other PC. You will also have to give them the old serial.

galador said:
Are you talking about getting a new serial by phone or your origional serial #? I think your serial is good for 3 times then you just have to call MS ( toll free #) to reassign a new serial for free. They ask you if you are using this # for any other PC. You will also have to give them the old serial.

Yeah. I meant three times instead of five. So I should just call the Support line and ask them for another serial after giving them my old one right? Thanks.

sup3rcarrx8 said:
Yeah. I meant three times instead of five. So I should just call the Support line and ask them for another serial after giving them my old one right? Thanks.

Good luck getting to a damn human.

-Sam

galador said:

I've used my original XP key 7 times so far on one PC with varying hardware - not a whisper out of MS

Mine was 2.

It depends on hardware changes and a bunch of other junk. Just call em up and they can get you a new one for free. Just be prepared to wait. i think I played 2 rounds of CS while my phone was playing crappy music for me while I waited.

yea i got all that stuff when i switched CPU's because my "hardware" had changed too much. i just told the dude i had reinstalled windows 3 times after i had a hard drive problem...
just call em, they dont really care with there scrolling text they read off to you
"is this copy of windows installed on any other computer?"
"ok read off the code posted on your screen and read them off one by one in groups when i say go"
lol

I guess I've been lucky, of the 4 times of reinstalling XP I have never had to wait on the phone more than 1 minute.

dude i have done the restore/reformat thing about 16 times with my XP

just tell then when thay ask you that you have a new hard drive or mobo or you were using a raid but it was unstable or something

they never have denied me a new key i only use it on my comp and no other computer

i know what rules they have but they are just as lazy as us
and dont want confrontation either

Back