• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD temp minotor and GPu fan setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metlcub

Hey all I got 2 questions.
I have the kazemaster Ace fan/temp controller monitor, Although I like it a lot, I just can not seem to get the temp stick things a the best spot. Im always like 15c off.

is there a temp fan controller that connects to the on board USB controller that will display temps? IE, AIDA64 with a Logitech G15 keyboard, or it's own temp monitor program.

Also another question i have is My GTX470, I can not stand the auto fan speed controller. I use MSI afterburner and when just looking at the web I have the fan at like 40% and keeps the card at about 40c. But when I go to play BF3, I just the fan up to 95% to keep the card cool. on auto 70% fan speed is like max and the card does get warn. Is there a setting in MSI afterburner to set so if that card gets over 55c that the fan will go to 95% and stay there till the card goes back under 55c?

The gpu fan on auto I have seen the gpu hit 80c and the fan is only at 70%, manually putting it at 95% the temp drops down to like 67c. I use a Sennheiser Pc-350 headset so noise is not a issue when playing games. Just only when I go on the web i do not use the headset.

In MSI Afterburner go to: Settings, Fan, then check the "Enable user defined software automatic fan control" box on the top of the tab. You can set a fan profile in there. You must have MSI Afterburner running in the background for the fan profile to be active. Enjoy!

Yeah, those temp sensors arent really godo for finding exact CPU/GPU/RAM temps. I used it to monitor intake air temp and exhaust temps.

thanks, think i figured out MSI, I hate the stock onboard fan controller for the GTX 470, the card gets way to hot.

Back