• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Touch panel kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mixednutt

Has anybody heard about these kits, good or bad? They seem easy enough to install, but I am wondering:
-how precise the touch is
-how fluid the sweeping motion is
-how compatible they are with developing software(ms touch for win7, microsoft surface, etc.)
-how viable these are for artists

Here is a link to a video about one of these kits:

I promise its not a rickroll. Please, any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I dated a lady a couple of years ago who installed touch panels and managed the firmware for them (I know, kinky right? She had 4 game consoles too). Apparently any touch panel, if it's high quality, properly installed and properly calibrated, will be highly accurate. It's about getting a good panel and installing and calibrating it properly.

There are a lot of these kits for sale on ebay and other pages on the web. Most of the manufacturers say that these items are now discontinued. With windows 7 and microsoft surface, I think these older technologies are being phased out. The problem is, I don't think these sellers know a lot about their products, and each one leaves out some crucial info, like controller board specs, screen specs, screen type, etc. I'm going to have to pick one and guess. Wish me luck!

There are a lot of these kits for sale on ebay and other pages on the web. Most of the manufacturers say that these items are now discontinued. With windows 7 and microsoft surface, I think these older technologies are being phased out. The problem is, I don't think these sellers know a lot about their products, and each one leaves out some crucial info, like controller board specs, screen specs, screen type, etc. I'm going to have to pick one and guess. Wish me luck!

May the force be with you:chair:

Back