• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaderboards Updated 10/21* Autumn Equinox AIDA64 Memory competition - Intel-AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My latency result was on [email protected] and 2800 11-14-13 memory, not X79 rig ;) ... I wish I could boot @2800+ on X79 :p
I will run something on haswell when I fix cooling. RipjawsZ are waiting for review ;)

Well, I guess that pretty much sums up your review :) Five stars? Your achievement of 37.3 ns is amazing and shows you can obviously build a monster of a computer from the ground up combined with a level of skill that isn't learned overnight, or over a year for that matter. I took the liberty of adding your I7 4770K rig to the Memory Bandwidth Leaderboard as well due to the impressive r/w/c speeds.

You have carried the bandwidth title from day one and now have the latency title as well. I'm impressed. This guy is looking more and more like a prime Mike Tyson of the overclocking world. Unifying the heavy weight titles. Slaying giants is a difficult matter, but both of you seem to crush the competition with ease.

that's enough of an ego boost for the reigning champion, now its up to another member who does indeed live up to his handle - QuickFast, to pull an upset. After all, you only need to make up a little more than a billionth of a second :) to get back on top.

*new leaderboards will be up soon* revised 10/8

Thanks storm-chaser :)
IB can be faster than Haswell in read/copy and latency what is actually most important for most other benchmarks ( like Spi32m or similar ). Haswell has great write transfers mainly because of faster cache so each time you set higher cpu clock then writes are raising. My 4770K isn't any special and I can't even enter Windows @4.8GHz+ below 1.5V ( at this voltage it's overheating on my 24/7 cooling ).

I have 4 sticks of these RipjawsZ 2133 C9 but on X79 I can't make it run above ~2500 no matter what voltage or timings. It's probably boards fault.

Quick machine Keny! You smoked me on latency, but... :D

I will add you to the leaderboards... right now your r/w/c average is 17896 and after some config changes I just pulled a 18034 average with my 970, I gotta run but Ill get everything updated later

edit: yes keny, you should have some left in the tank. My CPUNB maxes out around 3190Mhz...

I will put up some comeback later :fight:

I will put up some comeback later :fight:

If I remember it correctly then you have Team Xtreem 2666. I would play some with this kit as you can hit 3000 12-14-14 ~1.65-1.75V and not so high IMC and other voltages ( like +0.1-0.2 is enough ). My kit can also run pretty stable @2666 10-12-12. Even though it's not the fastest memory for benchmarks like Spi 32m then you still can make nice results in AIDA64.

Yeah, I need to work on mine big time... I can run 2666 stock all day long (Hyper X 2666 CL11) but a penny above that and it doesn't boot. Maybe I will try lowering the clocks.

Don"t know why my R\W\C is going down even at 2424mhz my score's won't go up the more I bench the more I realize I need to learn any way just bought 20lbs of Dice getting ready to take one of my HD3870's cold I'll play with the Ram some other time

Let see if Woomack is sandbagging:)

Attachments

• 37.2.JPG
    37.2.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 56
If I remember it correctly then you have Team Xtreem 2666. I would play some with this kit as you can hit 3000 12-14-14 ~1.65-1.75V and not so high IMC and other voltages ( like +0.1-0.2 is enough ). My kit can also run pretty stable @2666 10-12-12. Even though it's not the fastest memory for benchmarks like Spi 32m then you still can make nice results in AIDA64.

I have not even run the team kit yet, been to busy messing with the amd stuff, I have got a different bios on my board now with more mem Options so hopefully they will work better than have been in the past, I will see how good they are for max clock also :attn: no doubt I will be posting in the mem section wanting help with getting the highest clock out of them;)

Don"t know why my R\W\C is going down even at 2424mhz my score's won't go up the more I bench the more I realize I need to learn any way just bought 20lbs of Dice getting ready to take one of my HD3870's cold I'll play with the Ram some other time

Let see if Woomack is sandbagging:)

Nice timings. I think I could set @2600 cl9-12-12 but not 10-11-11. To beat that I have to make my cpu run above 4.8GHz and it can be hard as it didn't want to boot at this clock on water ... will try later ;)

Edit:
This is from yesterday's runs ... try to beat that :p
... let's say it's out of contest ;)

0ns.jpg

Last edited:
Had a couple of 0.0 runs to lol,Just got running my old 3570k with the mess up IMC only single channel support now

Attachments

• 36.5.JPG
    36.5.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 49
Nice #s mandrake.. that 960 can fly. I think you are now leading the way for Phenom IIs in bandwidth. I've also been experimenting with running my HT at the same speed as my CPU NB, but definitive results have been elusive, so I usually keep it around 2200mhz.

I'm running the G.skill ripjaws 1600 kit. Stock timings are 7-8-7-24 and it does overclock well into the 2000 range but it seems the Intel rigs have better luck at higher bandwidth. I can max it out around 1900 at the moment but it really kills my latency #s.

Its a cool autumn evening here in upstate NY, so later tonight when the temps go down further I will take the side off and place it next to an open window, just might give me an edge...

*edit* cold air induction mod (the CPU temps are invalid bc of unlock except tcase) - I can push it to 4.2Ghz now but still unable to attain better throughput. My Memory timings still need more R&D.

cold.JPG

Last edited:
Nice #s mandrake.. that 960 can fly. I think you are now leading the way for Phenom IIs in bandwidth. I've also been experimenting with running my HT at the same speed as my CPU NB, but definitive results have been elusive, so I usually keep it around 2200mhz.
Yes it's seems like a good lil chip, though I haven't really pushed it. I'm going to take the good benching sticks I have and put them on it and have a go at it, they're 2133's 7-10-7 sticks.

Trying to keep up with Mandrake, but my chip is reaching its limit on the imc, i don't think there's much left in it to be honest:-/

Read - 24505
Write - 11458
Copy - 21395
write.png

read.png

copy.png

Tip for storm-chaser
Run your 970T as 4 core:thup:

Last edited:
Trying to keep up with Mandrake, but my chip is reaching its limit on the imc, i don't think there's much left in it to be honest:-/

Read - 24505
Write - 11458
Copy - 21395

Keny, I think you are now just short of catching mandrake in terms of bandwidth avg. Your latency #s are killer.

Thanks for the tip. I will try X4 I suppose that will give each core a little more cache. haven't looked the core diagram in a while but I know at least the L3 cache is shared. Nice NB clock by the way...

In a twist of fate I'm getting my X4 965 Denab rig back tomorrow. Needs a power supply but I've got a spare on hand :) and it will also get a spare OCZ Vertex II, its going to fly :)

so I'll post results for that one soon. It will probably swap in the 8GB XMS3 1600 7-8-7-20 1T kit. But going back to IMC differences, I have to run the FSB at 240MHz to achieve the XMP timings. :bang head denab IMC

READ 38083
WRITE 38564
COPY 35956

Attachments

• aida1.jpg
    aida1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 37
  • write.jpg
    write.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 37
  • copy.jpg
    copy.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 38
Lookin good my friends. So no changes on the latency board right now, but Keny has now moved up 1st overall in the Phenom II division for memory bandwidth with an AVG of 19119MB/s!

OptyTrooper has turned out impressive #s which now place him 3rd overall in the bandwidth division. :attn:

Give me about 15 bluescreens, a few cmos resets (battery is directly UNDER the video card) and maybe I'll give you a run for your money. :) I see you are changing FSB for the memory read test. I'll keep that in mind when I try again.

I really need better memory since these Thubans can handle 2000mhz+ with stability.

*Memory Bandwidth Leaderboard updated 10/10*

Trying to keep up with Mandrake, but my chip is reaching its limit on the imc, i don't think there's much left in it to be honest
Nice #'s Keny, I may get to play around with mine a bit later. I have to remove the True 120, what a PIA that is, to swap in my better sticks and see if I can have a go at ya. :D

The 965 pc is back in my possession. Here it is getting an overhaul. Removing the two WD Velociraptor 80GB drives, 10,000 rpm and those will be part of the giveaway at the end. Replacing those with a 64GB OCZ Vertex II drive.

I'm going to clean up the fans and all the dust, remove the hyper 212 clean it thoroughly with water and shine it with 1000 grit emery paper. and apply new thermo paste. Should have it up and running by tomorrow then the benching will begin :)

Attachments

• PA100437.JPG
    PA100437.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 33
Bumping the "old" Phenom ii score up the table, i really do love overclocking these AMD cpu,s there so much more fun than the Intel variants, this is about it for latency, as after this the voltages get silly for air cooling (1.6v+) and i don't want to kill my chip on air!!!! (oh the shame:escape: )

Keeping up with the high rollers:attn:

lat2.png

Back