• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leak test troubleshooting suggestions (found a leak)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thekamikazepr

So I got my pump yesterday and hook everything and performed a leak test overnight.

1/3 of my bitspower 150ml was empty, that's toomuch to be air bubbles.

Since I had to come to work I did not had time to Look at it so I replaced the towels with individual ones (had a microfiber one only earlier). Attempt to tight the suspect fitting giving issues and head to work.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this properly.

As in what to check and how to.

1 thing I did notice is that my monsoon key(wrench). Had a really hard time getting to the fitting (tubing seemed wider than normal).

Stuff I don't know how to verify,

- is new pumps more pressure than last( mcp 35x (new) vs mcp 355)
- tubing is old/bad
- fitting not tight enough (without taking everything appart)
- radiator got bad after assembling?
- 90 degree connection got bad/ to loose
- is the tubbing to kinked and need a angle fiiting?

Ps: when testing components out of case I did not notice leaks. Issue caused after plugging everything in.

NOTE: SUSPECTED LEAK IS, from cpu to 120 mm on rad side, Or from 120 to 360. , 360 side
1st leak in 10+ months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
I think you are going about it the right way... I am not sure what you want us to tell you outside of what you are already doing. You need to find the leak. Putting paper towels under all possible locations as you are already doing is the way I know.

- is new pumps more pressure than last( mcp 35x (new) vs mcp 355)
- tubing is old/bad
- fitting not tight enough (without taking everything appart)
- radiator got bad after assembling?
- 90 degree connection got bad/ to loose
- is the tubbing to kinked and need a angle fiiting?
1. I think its similar... you can check on their website to confirm
2. Maybe... look at it. Does it look dry, old, and bad?
3. Is it leaking or clogged? Then its ok.
4. Maybe... check them.
5. Maybe... look at the tubes for a kink. (I cant see any)

If you had an untopped MCP355, your head will be quite a bit better on the MCP35x. I would say look for leaks, don't forget to check the rads for punctures under the screws, etc and just generally proceed with caution. If I had to guess, I'd guess that there was a big bubble somewhere that worked its way out, if you're having this hard of a time finding the source.

If you can't find anything, top the res off and run the pump for 24ish hours. If you don't see a similar drop in water level in the res, it was a bubble, if you do, it was a leak and you have to go look harder. Having seen people go through the second, I hope for your sake it's the first.

yeah I tight the fitting on that tubing that i suspect was loose but i think it might also be that that tubing is old (since it was not new tubing and actually recycled from another location) so it kind of twists 90 degrees (rotation wise) versus being straight to CPU, and im wondering if that is making it loose.

I have to order new tubing ( to be honest I did ordered but they sent wrong measurements)

Then I have in the top a 90 degree non rotary fitting its not completly tight (since if i tight completly it will end up pointing at the inside of the rad) so its 1/8-1/4 turn loose but no leek when testing manually.

I dunno ill let you know when i get home, It could had been an air buble and that wet part of the towel be the part that was not touching the case that I used to protect pc when fillign reservoir and me panicing

Back