• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

legal advice needed (mobile barton)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, that's true. I read the thread a little more carefully. A burn mark is easily detectable. The only way you could miss it is to NEVER see the bottom of the CPU.

Guess I jumped the gun...sorry guys :)

It's just a soar subject because I bought an xp1700 chip and got it home to notice a chip in the core. I called and they said the exact same thing they did to Trypt...."its your problem now." I was outraged, a store I know and trust could not be trusted anymore. :(

-Collin-

This business about the chip being unreturnable because it was used in a desktop machine is completely illogical, and I really doubt it will even come up when you get into the gritty specifics of returning the processor.

Why is Canada Computers selling these? So people can install them in their Dell/HP laptops? If a product is DOA (dead on purchase, whatever), it should be replaced or refunded. If they won't live up to their promise of quality to the customer (you said there was a 7 day warranty?), they don't deserve your business.

That said, you should always take a good look at anything being bought out of it's original, and sealed, packaging. I know that most processor cases are set up so that the bottom of the chip is hidden by foam pads. But next time, take the chip out, and inspect it thoroughly.

If the sales guy asks why you're examining the chip, and gets nervous, just tell him you're checking to make sure none of the pins are bent - any sales person would understand, and accept that, even if he doesn't know how the thing works.

Back